Domnina, Shabalin moving to Linichuk | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Domnina, Shabalin moving to Linichuk

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
The expenses are partially covered by RU fed. Then there are sponsors and participations in skating shows.

JenFinFan

Rinkside
I'm not saying they wanted to "keep an eye", but once they were aware that Linichuk was also working with B/A, they gravitated towards her. Personally, I think B/A are the bigger rivals. That's just me.

Virtue and Moir are much bigger rivals to Dom Shab than Belbin and Agosto are. The olympics are in Canada and Virtue and Moir are ten times the skaters that Belbin and Agosto are. Virtue and Moir are extremely likely to be on the top of the Olympic podium in Vancouver as gold medal winners.

MissIzzy

Final Flight
Virtue and Moir are much bigger rivals to Dom Shab than Belbin and Agosto are. The olympics are in Canada and Virtue and Moir are ten times the skaters that Belbin and Agosto are. Virtue and Moir are extremely likely to be on the top of the Olympic podium in Vancouver as gold medal winners.

Maybe, maybe not. But either way, do you really think Shilband would take them? Or that anyone would worry about Virtue and Moir losing anything from him even if he did? However much competition they may be, Tanith and Ben were the vulnerable ones of the top teams.

soogar

Record Breaker
No way ,,, Where would they get that kind of money for such a move / if it is not federation backed
another point K/N have no chance of beating the young canadians

I was under the impression that it was standard for coaches to get a percentage of the prize money.

merrybari

Final Flight
I was under the impression that it was standard for coaches to get a percentage of the prize money.

Hmmm - this is the first I've heard of this, though I've wondered how they do get paid. I assumed it was the athletes, with help from the federation.

Can anyone enlighten further from first hand knowledge rather than speculation?

lcd

Match Penalty
Dance has become such an exciting event. So many reasons for unpredictable results... true, plenty of them political... but with so many colorful and different "horses" in the running, it should make for a memorable season.

sfgirl

On the Ice
I really wonder if everything is as rosy at B/A's new training site as has been reported. From the press conference held this week, B/A were supposedly asked their permission for their new coaches to accept D/S as students. That was encouraging to hear. They are reported to be doing great. I hope both teams flourish in their new surroundings.:)

I really wonder if everything is as rosy at B/A's new training site as has been reported. From the press conference held this week, B/A were supposedly asked their permission for their new coaches to accept D/S as students. That was encouraging to hear. They are reported to be doing great. I hope both teams flourish in their new surroundings.:)
They will most likely be in a battle for a silver medal to Virtue and Moir's gold. Bronze if the judges begin to understand Carron/Jost.

lcd

Match Penalty
The write up in Icenetwork on the press conference suggests that Lininchuk at least discussed Dom/Shab's coming to train... but what is not clear, is whether Bel/Agosto really had any options in terms of what their responses could be...? Unless they signed some sort of 'exclusivity' agreement - which would seem unlikely to be agreed to by coaches as prolific as Lin/Karp... seems it's a lip service courtesy that they were granted... i.e., better than reading it in an email from a journalist/stranger...

all that

Final Flight
They will most likely be in a battle for a silver medal to Virtue and Moir's gold. Bronze if the judges begin to understand Carron/Jost.

If B/A are focusing on their basics and getting inspired the way they describe they are, I think they will be winning gold, not V/M.

merrybari

Final Flight
If B/A are focusing on their basics and getting inspired the way they describe they are, I think they will be winning gold, not V/M.

Good point! New coach, new outlook, fresh approach + what they already have = sky's the limit!! Now with Dom/Shab to push - I think you may be right about this. Talk about motivation. :agree:

lcd

Match Penalty
Well... ho hum... seems a fair amount can get "lost in translation"... but whatever potential there may have been for subtle fireworks coming out of the "press conference", hasn't made it into any of the write ups I've seen so far... Interesting that the guys (Agosto, Shabalin) seem to be so much more frequently quoted than their partners. I'll bet it just came down to nobody daring to put forth tough enough questions...

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

Carron/Jost finished 9th at 2008 Euros (and 9th also in 2007) behind Dom/Shabs, DelShoes, KhokSki, Italians F/S, French P/B, the Kerrs, Italians C/L and the Israelis Z/Z. They have never even competed at Worlds. What makes you think they will suddenly shoot ahead of all those other teams, plus B/A and D/W?

If you are referring to Pechalat / Bourzat, that is one thing. But Carron/Jost is quite another.

Carron/Jost finished 9th at 2008 Euros (and 9th also in 2007) behind Dom/Shabs, DelShoes, KhokSki, Italians F/S, French P/B, the Kerrs, Italians C/L and the Israelis Z/Z. They have never even competed at Worlds. What makes you think they will suddenly shoot ahead of all those other teams, plus B/A and D/W?

If you are referring to Pechalat / Bourzat, that is one thing. But Carron/Jost is quite another.
I know, but I just like Carron/Jost. Knowing what I know about Dance competitions, even if Carron/Jost were deserving, they still would not get a buzz from the judges.

romanoff81

Match Penalty
B&A have an uphill battle in my opinion for the olympic podium, V&M unless something really bad happens will be on the podium the olympics are in their country and the judges need to make amends for the B&K fiasco of 1998, so I don't see the international judges placing two north american dance team on the podium.

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty
B&A have an uphill battle in my opinion for the olympic podium, V&M unless something really bad happens will be on the podium the olympics are in their country and the judges need to make amends for the B&K fiasco of 1998, so I don't see the international judges placing two north american dance team on the podium.

I love how B&A are being written off after having ONE bad competition. I hope they beat the pants off of V&M at every competition from now right on through the 2010 Olympics!

mystichaze

On the Ice
I love how B&A are being written off after having ONE bad competition. I hope they beat the pants off of V&M at every competition from now right on through the 2010 Olympics!

I wholeheartedly agree with you! I am a fan of both teams but constantly hearing about V&M being unbeatable and invincible to everyone and everything is getting a little old. Heck why not just hand them the World title and Olympic gold medal now! Might as well tell all the other dance teams to quit because V&M are just so superior! Like OMG!