Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 95

Thread: Domnina, Shabalin moving to Linichuk

  1. #31
    Brazilian Eurotrash beep_beep's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Porto Alegre, Brazil
    Posts
    2,017
    Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post
    The soap opera that is figure skating........
    The days of our skating lives

    It's going to be one interesting trip to Cup of China...

  2. #32
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    940
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    ....Also what about Davis/White?
    I think Davis/White are tremendously talented, Joe, and this is a real break for them. Even though I do not consider Shpilband to be as successful with international competitions as some other coaches have been, it is still a good thing to be your coach's "number one" guys. I think this is particularly true with ice dancing, where rule changes are occurring annually. I see Davis/White as being comparable to Virtue/Moir in their strengths, and so much depends upon having the right music and the right choreography for teams of this type. I feel that perhaps Davis/White can be majorly competitive with Virtue/Moir this season; we'll see if that occurs.

  3. #33
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    129
    Boy, do I hope you're right.

  4. #34
    Custom Title dancemaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    196
    SUGAR..the state of coaching in Russia ice dancing must be in a real bad way
    first of all the decision for D/S to move to the states to train must be one made and backed by the Russian federation( some one need to pay the bill)
    That to me says the Russian Federation has no confidences in any of they coaches back in Russia,which i now believe are making more money then those who went to work in the states

  5. #35
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    2,055
    Quote Originally Posted by dancemaster View Post
    SUGAR..the state of coaching in Russia ice dancing must be in a real bad way
    first of all the decision for D/S to move to the states to train must be one made and backed by the Russian federation( some one need to pay the bill)
    That to me says the Russian Federation has no confidences in any of they coaches back in Russia,which i now believe are making more money then those who went to work in the states
    Why does the moving of D/S make you think that the Russian Federation doesn't have confidence in the Russian coaches? I was thinking that D/S might have moved because the Russian Federation would be favoring K/N (or at least D/S might believe they are favoring K/N)

  6. #36
    Custom Title dancemaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by attyfan View Post
    Why does the moving of D/S make you think that the Russian Federation doesn't have confidence in the Russian coaches? I was thinking that D/S might have moved because the Russian Federation would be favoring K/N (or at least D/S might believe they are favoring K/N)
    No way ,,, Where would they get that kind of money for such a move / if it is not federation backed
    another point K/N have no chance of beating the young canadians
    Last edited by dancemaster; 06-29-2008 at 06:41 AM.

  7. #37
    Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    a tiny island
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by dancemaster View Post
    No way where would they get the kind of money for such a move if it is not federation backed
    another point K/N have no chance of beating the young canadians
    They're not communist anymore. No way is the federation paying their coaching bills. You don't see the USFSA paying for B/A's coaching do you? Same goes for the Russians.

  8. #38
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by mycelticblessing View Post
    If you are suggesting that D/S had wanted to ''keep an eye'' on B/A, I have to disagree. If D/S had wanted to keep an eye on anybody, I think it would be Virtue/Moir or Del/Schoes. I strongly believe that these teams are more of a threat to D/S for World and Olympic Gold than B/A are.
    I'm not saying they wanted to "keep an eye", but once they were aware that Linichuk was also working with B/A, they gravitated towards her. Personally, I think B/A are the bigger rivals. That's just me.

  9. #39
    Custom Title dancemaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by mycelticblessing View Post
    They're not communist anymore. No way is the federation paying their coaching bills. You don't see the USFSA paying for B/A's coaching do you? Same goes for the Russians.
    Are you really sure about what you are saying
    because i am

  10. #40
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    489
    Quote Originally Posted by dancemaster View Post
    Are you really sure about what you are saying
    because i am
    I have to agree with you. I think all Russian skaters are paid for by their country. I'm pretty certain about that.

  11. #41
    ...and a bag of chips
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    406
    Quote Originally Posted by cassieandcheetah View Post
    I have to agree with you. I think all Russian skaters are paid for by their country. I'm pretty certain about that.
    What makes you so certain?

  12. #42
    Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    2,989
    The expenses are partially covered by RU fed. Then there are sponsors and participations in skating shows.

  13. #43
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by dom_shafan View Post
    I'm not saying they wanted to "keep an eye", but once they were aware that Linichuk was also working with B/A, they gravitated towards her. Personally, I think B/A are the bigger rivals. That's just me.
    Virtue and Moir are much bigger rivals to Dom Shab than Belbin and Agosto are. The olympics are in Canada and Virtue and Moir are ten times the skaters that Belbin and Agosto are. Virtue and Moir are extremely likely to be on the top of the Olympic podium in Vancouver as gold medal winners.

  14. #44
    Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    769
    Quote Originally Posted by JenFinFan View Post
    Virtue and Moir are much bigger rivals to Dom Shab than Belbin and Agosto are. The olympics are in Canada and Virtue and Moir are ten times the skaters that Belbin and Agosto are. Virtue and Moir are extremely likely to be on the top of the Olympic podium in Vancouver as gold medal winners.
    Maybe, maybe not. But either way, do you really think Shilband would take them? Or that anyone would worry about Virtue and Moir losing anything from him even if he did? However much competition they may be, Tanith and Ben were the vulnerable ones of the top teams.

  15. #45
    Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    a tiny island
    Posts
    690
    Quote Originally Posted by dancemaster View Post
    Are you really sure about what you are saying
    because i am
    The Federation gives some financial assistance, but its not like they foot the entire bill like they did in sports schools in the past.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •