Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Dreams on Ice 2008

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    Guys usually feel uncomfortable when forced to talk about Smirnov. But not you, Joe.

Why would they?

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by aaron View Post
    Not as great as TT but KM (Kenji Miyamoto) did a fantastic job on Daisuke's SP choreo as well.
    KM choreographed Dai's last season EX "Bachelorette" which I also think is a masterpiece.

Daisuke Takahashi "Eye"
    http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=p4bhHxOdYbo
    Right there with you, aaron. I was wondering what Daisuke would come out with next after such an iconic SP last season, but I was really excited to see "Eye" for the first time, and am sure I'm going to continue enjoying watching it as the season goes on. The choreography really suits Dai's dramatic,passionate personal style and speed. I believe Dai and Kenji are a skating dream team, and am hoping that Miyamoto is going to do Dai's FP as well, because in my book, Daisuke's "Bachelorette" EX program is the most captivating, gorgeous thing I have ever seen on ice.

Custom Title
    the reason i stated thatmaos was off was because all i paid attention to was the music. you don't go to a movie to pay attention to the music, if all you hear is the music than you miss the dialog, the script, it overpowers the film. even in ballet music should be used as background noise. you like the ballet you pay attention to how they move to the music so the music becomes 2nd nature where you barely hear it or notice it .not where music is number 1 and the movements become secondary--it what is noticed with maos. i only heard the music and ignored or couldn't get into what she was skating or how. which is why it was out of zinc to me. that is why i didn't like it. her movements were more expressive but for me to no end. the music overpowered her skating. where as miki much to my surprised she skated to the /with the music so the music was secondary hardly noticable so you paid attention to her good skating.

btw has anyone seen Oda's Carmen. Quite lyrical and good.

and Weir's weird jazz(?) number looking like Yagudin should have done it?

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    and Weir's weird jazz(?) number looking like Yagudin should have done it?
    This is what you said about the same exhibition, when he did it at the show in Seoul:

Johnny's Bluesy number was perfect. He's really come of age.

Joe
    But I have to agree in Japan it didn't look as good as it did in Seoul - he was lacking speed and seemed tired. I heard that he went back to Ave Maria for the last show in Japan (the one that wasn't broadcasted) and got a standing ovation.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar

Is Johnny Feeling Good?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=welRcsJGSMw

there's the link to Johnny's jazz number if anybody did not see it.

okay. I was trying really hard to be gafaw during this number as much as I LOVE that song.

1st... I never thought he was going to try and do an Evan impersonation! All black? Black glove? he even attempted the lengthy twizzles! (and didn't do the best job). I gotta say it was nice not to see him in a diffrent outfit!

bottom line, he looked like a fish out of water. Ave Maria was perfect and he only performed it at Nationals as far as I know. why change?
    Last edited by Tinymavy15; 07-02-2008 at 07:45 PM.

When Johnny first skated this Exhibition number Feeling Good by NS it was
    in May 2008 at the Festa on Ice in Korea. I would highly recommend that you watch that performance to see Johnny at his best. Oh yeah and he wears white.

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    in May 2008 at the Festa on Ice in Korea. I would highly recommend that you watch that performance to see Johnny at his best. Oh yeah and he wears white.
    "Feeling good" Festa on Ice

Here's Fumie's exhibition.

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTQvI_mV5Wk

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    That was the one I praised. Completely different from Dreams.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    That was the one I praised. Completely different from Dreams.
    I would rather see him copy Evan than wear that hideous white thing! But the skating was great. He really felt the music there and seemed to connect to the crowd, something he rarely did in the past. I do feel that the jazzy, sassy style was a good idea... try and branch out into something new, and I love that song, but it is not a good match. He skates to the music, but ignores the lyrics.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I would rather see him copy Evan than wear that hideous white thing!
    Regardless of what Evan Lysacek might say, he has not patented black.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4