Dreams on Ice 2008 | Golden Skate

Dreams on Ice 2008

inskate

On the Ice
The first show took place today.

Mao skated to tango (possibly from the "Scent of a woman" movie), her costume is red and black. :love:

Nobunari skated to "Tosca", same as at FOI. :love:

An article with a photo:
http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20080627-00000029-maiall-spo.view-000

A TV program (short clips of Mao & Daisuke, mostly concentrating on Nobunari):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6abL_UcUr4Q
(warning: sad to watch :( )

A longer TV program about Nobunari:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dYFWrOx6CM
(Also sad to watch, heart breaks when listening to that broken voice. :( But gorgeous practice clips with Morozov, superb jumps (3A-3T-3L).)

This is all I have for now. :)

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Video clips: (Mao, Nobu, Dai, Fumie, Miki...)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8UnxYm1SX4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3Y59mLo0Uw
Mao's toe steps are cool. :love: She is skating to tango "Por una Cabeza" from Scent of a Woman.

Some nice photos:
http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/080627/spm0806272229000-n1.htm

They all look great. Mao seems to have "developed" more... and this couldl be hurting her jumps. She fell on the lutz in the event... but that dosen't mean much. She often has jumps problems in shows. Great music choice though and i LOVE her dresses.

about the steps.... i knew we were going to see Tersosova influence right away!

inskate

On the Ice
They all look great. Mao seems to have "developed" more... and this couldl be hurting her jumps. She fell on the lutz in the event... but that dosen't mean much. She often has jumps problems in shows.

I don't think she has "developed", it's probably just an illusion caused by a more "covering" dress than usual. On other recent photos and practice videos she looks very slim, almost thin. :)
I think she fell because she started to work on her flutz... This usually causes skaters to have problems with landing flip/lutz for some time. She probaly put those in an Exibition to get used to them more quicky, same as she did with 3A two seasons ago.
Actually, it's rare for her to mess a jump during an exhibition... When this happens she's usually trying to get a jump back or recovering from injury.

about the steps.... i knew we were going to see Tarsosova influence right away!

:laugh:

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
about the steps.... i knew we were going to see Tersosova influence right away!
Tatianna had put the toe steps in Sasha's Swan Lake performance. This is from Skate Canada 2003, I was there!! It's at about the 3:30 mark.

Swan Lake 2003

Dee

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Tatianna had put the toe steps in Sasha's Swan Lake performance. This is from Skate Canada 2003, I was there!! It's at about the 3:30 mark.

Swan Lake 2003

Dee

I know. That partnership IMO, was perfect. Tatiana knew just how to make the best use of Sasha's ability. Swan Lake is my all time favorite program of hers. you must have been so lucky to be there!

kandidy

Final Flight
I just seen DOI on TV.
Just watched Mao's performance. How can I say, umm the music rather suits Yuna? The toe pick dances were good, but I don't think she corporated to the music well. Maybem it is still new and she has to practice more.
I like Mao's last year Chopin more. Also the fall of triple flip we saw from the youtube, she landed it safely, so here it seems like she did retake the shot later.

Takahashi, Suzuki, and Mao all did amazing Tango performance:rock:

Someone has just put up Mao's "Por una Cabeza"

http://jp.youtube.com/watch?v=I14jAI0sg_4
Thanks Aaron - Mao is sooo good with this TT Tango. She dances to every beat of the music and with rhythm. Her flexibility is just WOW with an I spin and no hands, and a forward outside Charlotte. Increible!!!

My only competitive question: Was it a Triple Flip or Wrong Edge Takeoff 3 Lutz? No matter, as a exhibition, who cares?

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
Not sure of it is better than "How Deep Is the Night" but it is really good. she sure sold it and looked so happy. I love that footwork and it sure has the drama that Terosoava loves. I can't wait to see her competition programs.

So nice to see this guy back in the saddle. He was and still is an excellent skater. What he needed was stamina. I think he has that now.

However, I am opposed to Morozov's arms. I don't like to see them moving to high heaven with every step of the program. The music doesn't call for it. There is so much one can do with arms, wrists, hands, fingers, and I think Morozov choses a sweeping half cirular upwards. There should be more for this talented skater. If you watched Mao's with TT, the arms vary with the music.

I suppose there are extra CoP GoEs with wild arms.

bekalc

Record Breaker
So nice to see this guy back in the saddle. He was and still is an excellent skater. What he needed was stamina. I think he has that now.

However, I am opposed to Morozov's arms. I don't like to see them moving to high heaven with every step of the program. The music doesn't call for it. There is so much one can do with arms, wrists, hands, fingers, and I think Morozov choses a sweeping half cirular upwards. There should be more for this talented skater. If you watched Mao's with TT, the arms vary with the music.

See I didn't feel that with that program. I wasn't that into Mao's program I felt she didn't have attitude for the Tango/Tango part of the music. ESPECIALLY in the arms.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker

I agree 100%,

eta: Mao's Tango was fantastic. Bravo!!. Mature, sexy and a great costume. Mao has grown from a young girl in a ponytail to a very lovely young woman. IMO This program is a great transition for her..Thanks so much for the links.

Last edited:

Love_Skate

Rinkside
See I didn't feel that with that program. I wasn't that into Mao's program I felt she didn't have attitude for the Tango/Tango part of the music. ESPECIALLY in the arms.

I agree with you. I hoped she expressed her music more well, especially in the EXHIBITION. You don't have any rules you must follow there. I felt it is like a SP. too many things stuffed...
Enjoyable to watch her footsteps from TT, though... :)