Tarasova Robbed | Golden Skate

Tarasova Robbed

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
My first reaction was aakh! This is horrible news; but I appreciate your letting us know, Ptichka. I have cared about TT for a long time, and this hurts. I hope it does not affect her health. This is such a shock.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
This is such a shock.
I hate to be too negative, but not really. She is a famous person in a country that is still, no matter what the propaganda says, a rather unlawful one. If you recall, Yagudin had his Porshe stolen just a few months ago...

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Wasn't Maria Butryskaya's car stolen? and her boyfriend murdered?
Yes on both counts. Even more tragic, in 2001, Kira Ivanova (1984 bronze Olympic medalist) was murdered in her apartment. Police called it random, and that was that.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
How awful!

I wonder if it was a coach who wanted Mao's business? :rofl:

emma

Record Breaker
I'm very sorry to hear this and do hope Tarasov is ok...thanks for sharing the info, Pitchka.

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
The only other piece of information I've found so far is that Tarasova says that all her outfits and costumes were in the car. Through the media, she's asked the thieves to return those.

Bennett

Record Breaker
I am so sorry. But it is still good that she herself was not physically harmed. Yet, I could imagine how shocking it would be for her. Hope that she feels better.

I also hope that Mao won't be a target during her stay in Russia. She's such a treasure, but is such a tiny little girl, too.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
I´m very sorry to hear about the robbery. A summer cottage is though a strange place to keep anything valuable, in my opinion.

Dodhiyel

Final Flight
.... If you recall, Yagudin had his Porshe stolen just a few months ago...

Yes, that was one of the first things that popped into my mind when I read that TT had been burglarized also. That's what made it such a shock for me--the double whammy, especially since TT and Yagudin have such a long, warm association. It's just too much for both of them to be targeted like this.

I remember when TT used to drive an old car. Maybe it's wiser to drive an old car, so as not to attract thieves.

I hope the thieves at least return the costumes.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
I´m very sorry to hear about the robbery. A summer cottage is though a strange place to keep anything valuable, in my opinion.
Not really. First of all, a dacha is a house, whereas she normally leaves in an apartment which is, I'd guess not too large and which she shares with her husband, mother, and sister. So, from a purely practical point of view there is just more space in the summer cottage. Also, from her statement it follows that "outfits and costumes" were in her car, not in the house, and that is what she seems especially upset about.