Tarasova Robbed | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tarasova Robbed

Bennett

Record Breaker
I agree that summer houses are generally not a good place to store valuable things. You could hire a person who could sometimes visit it for maintenance; but still, they are usually vacant. Besides, your neighborhood also tends to consist of many other summer houses that are also vacant during off season. Perhaps the best thing you could do is to have a contract with a security system that is directly connected to security guards or the police. I am afraid that a car would not be a good place to store valuable things, either.... A car is to be driven (away). I heartily hope that she would come up with better measures so that she won't be threatened any longer.

I am certain that Mrs. Tarasova is grateful for all the advice. But anyone can be the victim of a crime, no matter what precautions he or she takes. :(

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Perhaps the best thing you could do is to have a contract with a security system that is directly connected to security guards or the police.
I doubt such services exist in Russia.

merrybari

Final Flight
Thanks for the translation!

It sort of makes sense to me that the costumes were in the car.

1) She may have been transporting them between places and hadn't yet "unpacked."

2) She'd have them with her when needed wherever she was.

Just some random thoughts.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thanks so much for the translation, now the matter is more clear. Huh, those thieves were really ruthless, robbing the car while people were in the cottage sleeping and they managed to do everything so quietely that nobody heard them. I wonder if the car had no alarm system or had no wheel lock on?

Last edited:

Bennett

Record Breaker
I doubt such services exist in Russia.

Thank you for your inference. Mathman, I am sorry if I sounded as if I had been blaming the victim, which was certainly not my intention. Nonetheless, it's a bit difficult for me to imagine rich people living without private security systems. Then what do they do for protection against burglars?

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Thank you for your inference. Mathman, I am sorry if I sounded as if I had been blaming the victim, which was certainly not my intention. Nonetheless, it's a bit difficult for me to imagine rich people living without private security systems. Then what do they do for protection against burglars?
Alarm systems. For the very rich - illegal "security" services. Nothing.

Bennett

Record Breaker
Alarm systems. For the very rich - illegal "security" services. Nothing.

Thank you for your info. That's hard. I would think that alarm systems may not be helpful enough for summer houses because they are vacant and their neighborhood also tends to be vacant. So alarms go off, but burglars could still do their work. I actually have an alarm system of my own. But my landlord upstairs doesn't notice when it goes off for wrong reasons. Nonetheless, uses of these alarm systems would be still better than nothing. The sticker indicating the use of security system by itself would help keep burglars away to certain extent. It's a preventative measure so that having a warning sign like that might be still helpful.

lcd

Match Penalty
The value of some of the items, would seem to only be truly appreciated by someone in the skating world (e.g., costumes). Will be interesting to see if any of these items "pop up" somewhere in the future... crumbs linking to the culprits... hopefully so.