Thread: Liberty info and other summer competitions in the U.S. and Canada

Hybrid View

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico

Liberty info and other summer competitions in the U.S. and Canada

Ok...does anyone know how to or if you need tickets to go see this competion. This might be the only live competition I can get to for this year.

Landing my axel..............again skatergirl45's Avatar
    I don't think so..............
    I just checked their website libertyskating.org and it does not say anything........
    Anyways, have fun checking out all of the great talent in our country!!!

Edit: This is kind of random but on your signature it says diving my zamboni... should it be driving?..............

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    Yikes...I mean driving...I will change that right now.

It is free to go....you don't need tickets. It's only about 40 minutes from my house...I might have to check it out. Ryan Bradley and Rachel Flatt will be competing there

Yay! Summer competitions are now officially underway. I was getting a bit tired of the perennial summer threads (i.e. Mao vs. Yu-na).

I think Patrick Chan will be also competing. Does anyone know where I can find the competitions results?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fumie_fumie View Post
    Yay! Summer competitions are now officially underway. I was getting a bit tired of the perennial summer threads (i.e. Mao vs. Yu-na).

I think Patrick Chan will be also competing. Does anyone know where I can find the competitions results?
    Broadmoor Open just concluded, if you have some extra bucks, you can watch the on-demand replays.
    http://www.localmotionproductions.com/webcast.htm

You can find the results here:
    http://www.unseenskaters.com/board/v...hp?f=54&t=5962

McLaughlin/Brubaker only skated their short to 'Malaguena' with an original music cut. The choreography was very nice, but they didn't skate very well.Yankowskas/Coughlin kept their SP, they didn't skate very well. TROMBLEY & IBARRA were good.

Alexe Gilles skated well in long program, I like the choreography of both her sp and lp.

Ryan Bradley and Jeremy Abbott had very interesting programs, but none of the top men jumped well.

A few Jr. pairs to be dispatched to JGP also showed up as well. The novice champion was impressive.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    I have to say that both Abbot and Bradley picked great music for their respective styles. I am also glad that they went for the quads.

The Summer Competitions

There doesn't seem to be threads for the Summer Comps. Maybe this should go into the Comps Folder.

Anyway does anyone have any results and reviews of the Broadmore, Detroit, and the Liberty (once it takes place)?

It's kind of interesting to hear about the music being used as well as the overall performance. It's early in the season so results should not be taken seriously but scores may show something.

Custom Title
    Joe, see posts #5 and #10 above re. last week's Broadmoor Open.

Some of the major club (non-qualifying) comps coming up in the U.S. are:

Liberty Summer Competition, July 15-19, Aston, PA
    Skate Detroit, July 23-26, Bloomfield Hills, MI
    Lake Placid Dance Championships, July 30-Aug. 2, Lake Placid, NY
    Indy Pairs Challenge, Aug. 7-10, Indianapolis, IN

ETA: Thanks to the GS mod. for splitting off all the posts relating to Alissa Czisny at the Grand Rapids Open and creating a separate thread at http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22464
    as well as merging the "Summer Competitions" thread into this one and retitling it.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 07-04-2008 at 05:38 PM. Reason: to thank the mod. for spliiting/merging this thread

Summer competitions in Canada

Minto Summer Skate: July 31 - August 4th, Ottawa, Ontario

- This is a farily good competition. You can see the up and comers who will be at the nationals a few years down the road.

Wild Rose Invitational: August 1 - 4, Edmonton, Alberta

BC SummerSkate: August 1 - 4, Burnaby, British Columbia

Summer Sizzle: August 8 - 10, Kitchener, Ontario

Thornhill Summer Skate: August 14 - 17th, Thornhill, Ontario

- Men's, pairs' are great, but ladies are meh!

Quebec Summer Championships: August 15th to 17th, Pierrefonds, Quebec

- Chances are it will be the first competition for Rochette, Phaneuf and Samson. And also, we get to see a lot of new junior pairs teams making their debut.

Chicago Open: Aug 1-3 (Skokie, IL)
    DuPage Open: Aug 15-17 (Buffalo Grove, IL) USUALLY ATTRACTS THE BEST IN UPPER GREAT LAKES
    Greater Chicagoland Fall Invitational: Sept 5-7 (Northbrook, IL) ALSO USUALLY ATTRACTS THE BEST IN UPPER GREAT LAKES
    Milwaukee Open: July 11-13 (Milwaukee, WI)
    Last edited by mskater93; 07-03-2008 at 12:36 PM. Reason: Grammatical issue

thanks to everyone for the information.

Custom Title

WATCH Now!! - Rachael Flatt new sp awesome!!!