Liberty info and other summer competitions in the U.S. and Canada | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Liberty info and other summer competitions in the U.S. and Canada

luckyguy

Match Penalty
....Nguyen. Who is this skater? Someone to be on the lookout for?....

2008 Southwest Pacific Regional Championships, Junior Ladies

FPl. Name Points SP FS

1 Ellie Kawamura All Year FSC 140.21 1 3
2 Anna Malkova All Year FSC 129.55 4 1
3 Victoria Rackohn All Year FSC 127.50 2 4
4 Carolyn-Ann Alba All Year FSC 126.85 6 2
5 Angelyn Nguyen Los Angeles FSC 119.22 3 6

ChrisH

On the Ice
The icenetwork has an article about the ladies.
http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080718&content_id=49504&vkey=ice_news

Is that Blake Rosenthal's personal best? She may have re-dedicated herself after not qualifying for Nationals.

Ashley is a senior lady now. Her flow is reminiscient of Alissa's. Rachel has improved positions in her spins, spirals, and in general. I had to rewatch both ladies to register their step sequences, as seamless as the elements were. :thumbsup:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
only one thing bothers me... this girl should be wearing over the boot tights for a competition. somebody that short should be wearing something that extends the leg line. and i hope she will get a new dress for the GP... the one she was wearing was last year's dress.

and we all wonder why a lot of people can't find the SPORT in figure skating :laugh: if that's the only nitpick then she's well on her way.

enlight78

Medalist
Rachel has realy improve but it is Wagner's program that really stood out for me. I was surprise how much I like it. It was nice to watch herbreathe through a program instead of speed. Everyone's spin has better speed centering and interesting instead or wierd positions. I must disagree about Abbots being of of the top artistic skaters along with Buttle and Takahashi or even Matt Savoi. He has great choerography but he could so much more with it. He often doesn't finish moves or carry them throough. His posture and positions are often too relaxed. And he can be sometimes guilty of noodle arms.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I just watched the vid of Ashley's SP... and WOW... shes really grown as a skater over the summer. I LOVE the program already!

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
Yeah, Ashley's program totally blew me away. It's so nice to see how much she's improved over the summer.

bekalc

Record Breaker
Ashley is definetly improved, but I think still more improvement is needed. I think she rushes her arms a bit to much and still doesn't want to hold her positions enough. You can tell this has been something they have working on, a move should have been made a long time ago...

As for Rachael's program, I didn't care for it. I felt Rachael looked really slow, I know there' an easy to her skating which is nice, but she looked very slow. She's very graceful but slow.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Very impressed with Ashley. She looked like a different skater from last season. Much improved.. I loved her program and I think she skated it beautifully.

Who is Brittany Rizo? She is a lovely skater.:love:
Fans who follow Juniors are aware of Rizo's prowess. She's now a big girl in Seniors and should be a much talked about this season.

Ashley is not doing the LP - not ready yet.

Apparently, it's Gilles for the win. Not sure.

Last edited:

Ginask8s

On the Ice
Rizo had a really beautiful cut of Carmen. Very different. I thought the choreography was amazing. She had some trouble with the elements, but certainly has great presence. It was my favoite long.
Gilles had a very interesting long too and hit most of the elements. She won her group.
Flatt had alot of difficulty with her jumps believe it or not. I think her program probably has to grow on me.
Ashley did not do the long because it is not ready, but I have seen her practice parts and I love it. Its beautiful music and the choreography is wonderful!
Cizney was really good. Beautiful dress,music , spins and she only fell once on her flip. She looked pretty happy!

Does anyone have a youtube clip of Alexei Gilles? SP or preferably LP because I think she won it. Oh, those long legs automatically produce great flow.

fiercemao

Match Penalty
Flatt had alot of difficulty with her jumps believe it or not. I think her program probably has to grow on me.
!

That's a shocker... Landing jumps consistently is what keeps her alive. Flatt's new SP is so boring, the music does not suit her.She also needs major work on spins/spirals/stretch etc. I think Wagner has already overtaken her as far as total package is concerned.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
gloryday is my husband. We'll get the rest of the clips we took up on youtube later, probably tomorrow. I wanted to get the background stuff and spelling correct before I put them up on GS. We have about 8 sr. ladies LP's and about 6 sr. men's LP's and a few of the sp's that we haven't uploaded yet.

BTW, it is funny how some skaters look better in person and some worse. In person, Ashley looked slow and labored, particularly in her footwork. Her layback is much improved, and I think her jump technique is better than it was. Those are important changes. However, I didn't care for her program at all. And in fact, the people that sat in our area thought she had been way overscored, especially in PCS. They would have had about 4th in the SP.

Are the protocols on line anywhere yet?

On the other hand, on the day, Rachael's SP was thoroughly wonderful and skated a lot faster than Wagner's. Rachael's LP today needs a lot of work--it was obvious that she was thinking her way through it and she uncharacteristically popped some stuff.

Alissa skated a great LP today, though! :clap: