Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Liberty info and other summer competitions in the U.S. and Canada

Yeah, I really love Ashley's program too!!

Proud Sarah Hughes Fan
    Yeah, Ashley's program totally blew me away. It's so nice to see how much she's improved over the summer.

Who is Brittany Rizo? She is a lovely skater.

Ashley is definetly improved, but I think still more improvement is needed. I think she rushes her arms a bit to much and still doesn't want to hold her positions enough. You can tell this has been something they have working on, a move should have been made a long time ago...

As for Rachael's program, I didn't care for it. I felt Rachael looked really slow, I know there' an easy to her skating which is nice, but she looked very slow. She's very graceful but slow.

practice makes perfect victoria90's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    I know! I thought the exact same thing. If I'm not wrong she won the bronze at the 2008 junior US nat championships and she's 17.
    Last edited by victoria90; 07-19-2008 at 03:42 PM.

Very impressed with Ashley. She looked like a different skater from last season. Much improved.. I loved her program and I think she skated it beautifully.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    I just watched the vid of Ashley's SP... and WOW... shes really grown as a skater over the summer. I LOVE the program already!
    ITA!!

Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    Fans who follow Juniors are aware of Rizo's prowess. She's now a big girl in Seniors and should be a much talked about this season.

Ashley is not doing the LP - not ready yet.

Apparently, it's Gilles for the win. Not sure.
    Last edited by Joesitz; 07-19-2008 at 06:12 PM.

Custom Title
    Rizo had a really beautiful cut of Carmen. Very different. I thought the choreography was amazing. She had some trouble with the elements, but certainly has great presence. It was my favoite long.
    Gilles had a very interesting long too and hit most of the elements. She won her group.
    Flatt had alot of difficulty with her jumps believe it or not. I think her program probably has to grow on me.
    Ashley did not do the long because it is not ready, but I have seen her practice parts and I love it. Its beautiful music and the choreography is wonderful!
    Cizney was really good. Beautiful dress,music , spins and she only fell once on her flip. She looked pretty happy!

Custom Title
    Exactly what Alissa needed!!

Does anyone have a youtube clip of Alexei Gilles? SP or preferably LP because I think she won it. Oh, those long legs automatically produce great flow.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ginask8s View Post
    Flatt had alot of difficulty with her jumps believe it or not. I think her program probably has to grow on me.
    !
    That's a shocker... Landing jumps consistently is what keeps her alive. Flatt's new SP is so boring, the music does not suit her.She also needs major work on spins/spirals/stretch etc. I think Wagner has already overtaken her as far as total package is concerned.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    gloryday is my husband. We'll get the rest of the clips we took up on youtube later, probably tomorrow. I wanted to get the background stuff and spelling correct before I put them up on GS. We have about 8 sr. ladies LP's and about 6 sr. men's LP's and a few of the sp's that we haven't uploaded yet.

BTW, it is funny how some skaters look better in person and some worse. In person, Ashley looked slow and labored, particularly in her footwork. Her layback is much improved, and I think her jump technique is better than it was. Those are important changes. However, I didn't care for her program at all. And in fact, the people that sat in our area thought she had been way overscored, especially in PCS. They would have had about 4th in the SP.

Are the protocols on line anywhere yet?

On the other hand, on the day, Rachael's SP was thoroughly wonderful and skated a lot faster than Wagner's. Rachael's LP today needs a lot of work--it was obvious that she was thinking her way through it and she uncharacteristically popped some stuff.

Alissa skated a great LP today, though!

thank the DH for us, Doris!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    The LP's take a long time to upload.

Here's Alissa Czisny skating to Dr. Zhivago in her LP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPS6a80XhI8

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast