Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Liberty info and other summer competitions in the U.S. and Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    saw him LIVE at nationals in 2006 and fell in love with his skating! he's fantastic, but he left his jumps on the practice ice in St. Louis
    Anybody knows who choreographed his LP? I enjoyed his skating way more than Chan's. Simply lovely.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Two more LP's.

Shaun Rogers LP- there is some shaking of the focus in the final f/w sequence because the crowd was going wild and the bleachers were bouncing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_86VGAR_rvI

Jeremy Abbott LP- this program will be better later in the year, for sure.
    http://www.youtube.com/v/dAXp9E5HmCc

I'm sorry these are not professional quality films. There are difficulties in filming at Iceworks. For one thing, they leave the hockey boards up. Between smears on the boards and the boards themselves, focus becomes difficult, and in fact, the optimal focus length is different between focussing through the boards and just through the air above the boards.

The spectators are limited to seating on bleachers that are not sturdy and vibrate. This creates shakiness in the vids, particularly if the audience begins stomping to the music.

When the compressor fails, the arena staff tries to compensate by turning off some of the lights. And you don't get tv quality lighting at a summer competition in any case.

And you're in the middle of a crowd, so crowd noise and motions will affect the final product.

Not to mention that no matter where you sit, you will be unable to see at least one corner of the rink.

Finally, maintaining that level of steadiness and attention (4 minutes) without a tripod is quite difficult. As Mr. Ski tires over the course of the day, this becomes evident.

So my apologies for the quality of the films, but under the circumstances, they are the best we can make them.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 07-20-2008 at 03:22 PM.

Custom Title
    Oh my goodness! No apologies necessary - or even warranted. I think I speak for nearly everyone, THANK YOU & Mr. Ski for taking the time to record and upload these wonderful sneak peaks at the upcoming season. It's just too fun to know we've had a hint of the things to come.
    Again, thank you, thank you, thank you.
    JW

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by just wondering View Post
    Oh my goodness! No apologies necessary - or even warranted. I think I speak for nearly everyone, THANK YOU & Mr. Ski for taking the time to record and upload these wonderful sneak peaks at the upcoming season. It's just too fun to know we've had a hint of the things to come.
    Again, thank you, thank you, thank you.
    JW
    ditto!!!!! Seriously, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dorispulaski View Post
    I'm sorry these are not professional quality films. There are difficulties in filming at Iceworks. For one thing, they leave the hockey boards up. Between smears on the boards and the boards themselves, focus becomes difficult, and in fact, the optimal focus length is different between focussing through the boards and just through the air above the boards.
    Absolutely no need to apologize! We're just thankful that you & your DH spent so much time filming & uploading. Thanks a BUNCH!!!:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eciWO1Icd5I

Here's Viktor Pfeifer's LP. Viktor has him some serious fans at Liberty, including a gorgeous blonde who had Viktor written on her cheek. You can hear them cheering for him on this vid.

Ditto, ditto, ditto, posts 78-80!

Banned
    Thanks so much for the wonderful videos!

I'm wondering whether you captured any pairs' programs, especially Evora/Ladwig & Moscovitch/Moscovitch?

The LP's take a long time to upload.

Here's Alissa Czisny skating to Dr. Zhivago in her LP

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPS6a80XhI8
    Thank you, thank you, thank you to you and Mr. Ski

I love Alissa's LP How was her SP? Does it look the same as last year? I really hope this event boosts her confidence and helps her out in the long run.

Thank you again for all the videos!! I as well as many others greatly appreciate them

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eciWO1Icd5I

Here's Viktor Pfeifer's LP. Viktor has him some serious fans at Liberty, including a gorgeous blonde who had Viktor written on her cheek. You can hear them cheering for him on this vid.
    He has some serious flaws too, but he has a lot of talent. Great posture and a sense of music. Needs a coach who will take an interest.

And much thanks for these vids, Doris. They give me an idea of what to expect this season.

Ryan Bradley's excellent adventure with his Western Movies LP

http://www.youtube.com/v/odMp1eFcRdc

You have to understand that the audience was going crazy for the whole thing, the good the bad the ugly.

On the good side, Ryan landed his 3A, which he had been struggling with at morning practice. And he landed a 3/2/2 combo in the midst of the huge corner puddle. Ryan is one of the few guys who can do a butt spin and come out of it in a way that looks attractive. Check out his final spin.

Unfortunately, the war with the puddle was not successful. Ryans 4t3t is planned right in the middle of the biggest puddle. He pulled back, took off early, and popped to a triple toe at the beginning of the program. Later he had the guts to do a 3/2/2 in the middle of the puddle. However, toward the end, he and the Lone Ranger fell into the puddle, blowing a f/w sequence for no points, in all likelihood, and finished the program soaking wet.

It may be blatantly crowd pleasing, but I don't care, and the program was wildly appreciated by the audience. To nay sayers, who say that this is too much of an exhibition program, I direct you to the following song, which I think Ryan should use for an exhibition:

I Ain't Never Had Too Much Fun by Trace Adkins

http://www.lyricsandsongs.com/song/591971.html

Blue lights flashing in my rear view;
    The sheriff said, "Boy, I should have known it was you.
    You got 14 people in the back of this truck.
    I warned you twice and now I'm writing you up."
    I said, "Officer what have I done?"
    He smiled and said, "Boy, you're having too much fun."

Too much fun? What's that mean?
    It's like too much money; there's no such thing.
    It's like a girl too pretty, with too much class,
    Being too lucky, a car too fast.
    No matter what they say I've done, well I ain't never had too much fun.

Two more LP's.

Shaun Rogers LP- there is some shaking of the focus in the final f/w sequence because the crowd was going wild and the bleachers were bouncing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_86VGAR_rvI

Jeremy Abbott LP- this program will be better later in the year, for sure.
    http://www.youtube.com/v/dAXp9E5HmCc
    Interesting juxtaposition of short and long longs. Both, however, cover the ice with their special styles. Most notably, both have excellent posture. and both have some serous practice ahead of them. We should be seeeing great programs by Canadian and US Nats.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Just wanted to say a big THANKS to dorispulaski and your husband for uploading the great videos and saving us the trip to Philly. You both are great to have on this forum.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    He has some serious flaws too, but he has a lot of talent. Great posture and a sense of music. Needs a coach who will take an interest.

And much thanks for these vids, Doris. They give me an idea of what to expect this season.
    He is being coached by Pricilla Hill now.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast