How did you skate today?? | Golden Skate

How did you skate today??

skatergirl45

On the Ice
So, how is every one skating?

Last night I had a great 2 sessions. I did my program twice, only popping my double toe in the first program and putting my hands down in my double sal in the second one.
In my compulsory program, which has a camel, I went around 7.5 revolutions for the first time!

How was everyone else's skate?

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
Well yeaterday was my first session in over a month. My axel problems seem to have disappeared over my break, which is good. My 2S and 2L are rotating, but I only managed to land my 2S once, which is annoying because it was consistant in the spring. The 2L is really good, if I could stop double footing it. My spins need alot of work, I've been neglecting them to get my jumps.

mskater93

Record Breaker
Everything was good this morning. I landed the opening 2S combo in my program, which I missed in competition last weekend and I landed the 2S out of the Bauer in the second half of my program, too! 2T is still 2 foot

princess-ice

Rinkside
I did very good today. I worked on my death drop combination spin for 30 minutes yesterday and the practice really paid off.
That's what I love about summer-time, having extra hours to work on specific jumps and spins. I also landed both my d-Axel and my d-Axel/d-toe combo in my program today. I'm actually just having problem sleeping tonight. My mom had a surgery today and cant go out on the lake tomorrow for the 4th. I feel bad for her and I was trying to cheer her up tonight.

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
Best skate in a loooooonnnggg time... out of all the 3Zs I attempted that I had a clean landing on, I didn't flutz any of them. That has been a HUGE problem for me... even when working on doubles, my flips and lutzes were mostly lips and flutzes lol. So my coach had me go back to doubles for awhile to get the edges right and then back on to attempting triples. I've also started working recently on first complete free program. I'm still testing and not skating competitvely, so it's mostly to see how I like it, how far I actually want to pursue skating competitvely or non (considering my age), and endurance. A lot of the elements land in lots of falls... but skating to skate it clean (SOMEDAY!! not any time soon) is my goal along with passing the tests.

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
Best wishes to your mom, princess-ice!!

Finally got the elements in my program finalized... Elements are: 3Lz; 2A; FCSp; 3Lo-2Lo-2Lo; SpSq; 3S; SlSq; 3T-3T+; LSp; 2A-3T+; 3F+; CCoSp... I put a + by the jumps after the half way point. I think it makes the base values of jumps a 44.41.. as for the levels of everything else... not exactly up to me lol.

Last edited:

princess-ice

Rinkside
Princess-Ice, I hope your mom's feeling better! I wish her well!

Best wishes to your mom, princess-ice!!

Thank you very much! My mom started feeling better on Sunday, and she and my dad saw me off to skating camp in Los Angeles. Today she went to work for a couple of hours, and she sounded good on the phone. My mom and dad are planning on coming down to see me in the middle of the week at skating camp. I'm glad everything worked out well, and thanks again for your good wishes. :)

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
ahh!! I landed my first clean triple lutz-double loop today. I feel like running around and screaming. I had plenty of air for the double loop, so I might try going for the triple loop instead of the double soon. This is make or break for me in deciding to go compete or not *crosses fingers*