Thread: Scott Hamilton to be a part of "A Capitol Fourth"

Scott Hamilton to be a part of "A Capitol Fourth"

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...s,455007.shtml
    Gold medal winner Scott Hamilton will lead the tribute to Team USA, honoring past and present Olympians on stage before a crowd of hundreds of thousands live from the West Lawn of the U.S. Capitol.
    I'm really excited as this is my favorite 4th of July Televised celebration every year! Also really interested to find out more about Scott's new book.
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 07-03-2008 at 12:19 PM.

Looking forward to watching this, too. Toni, what's this news about another Scott Hamilton book?

Scott's new book

The link in Toni's post mentions an inspirational book by Scott titled "The Great Eight". Publisher is Thomas Nelson publishing and its supposed to be out in January 2009. I checked Amazon just now, but can't find a listing to preorder. Hopefully, I'll remember to keep checking

Maureen

Yeah I've done a bit of searching on the book myself, and can't find a thing... I haven't gone to see if I can get info from the publisher... will try that tonight...

A Capitol Fourth is my absolute FAVORITE 4th of July special... I love how they always close the show with the fireworks to the 1812 Overture (one of the best pieces of classical music EVER)!!! (and yes I do see the irony that they use a piece of music that isn't even about America lol)