Alissa Czisny at Grand Rapids Open | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Alissa Czisny at Grand Rapids Open

fourclover

On the Ice
As for show skating, I've heard some people who saw her live say that she's a very boring skater. I think she was on Coi...and I was surprised because she sure didn't come across that way on TV.

I don't think you have to watch her live to see that she's the ultimate boring skater. When watching her skate, one minute feels like an hour, honest to god. All her music sucks too. Why does she choose difficult, esoteric, artsy-fartsy music to skate to when she can't even skate well? :scratch: IMHO, Caroline Zhang and Alyssa Czisny are the two boring skaters that make me fall asleep. I think it's got to do with the way they stroke the ice - soooooo sloooooow with all too frequent splatzes in between.

On the other hand, I enjoy Ashley Wagner (such flair!) and Rachel Flatt (so relaxing without being boring) very much.

fourclover

On the Ice
Any Youtube links? Dr. Zhivago is a very lovely music and I'd like to see if Alyssa butchers it with her splat-infested program. Or, am I wrong? Did she do well this time?

Unfortunately, if Caroline bores you, you're going to be bored for about 10 more years. :biggrin:
:laugh: :laugh:

I guess it depends on what we expect and want from a figure skating performance. For me, Alissa's skating soothes the soul -- just the thing I need after a hard couple of hours at the keyboard banging out invective against all the things I don't like about the world. :laugh:

KayMil01

On the Ice
Gee tell us how you really feel about Alissa lol.

I quite like her skating. Sure her jumps aren't good, but from last I heard (back in 2008 nationals) she was trying to fix her jumps...maybe they can still be fixed? I dunno.

My favorite program of hers was her 2005-06-2006-07 short program. great music, very well performed IMHO.

Pikachuusb

On the Ice
I personally think both Alissa & Caroline Zhang are gorgeous skaters and would pay good money to see them spin and spiral across the ice.:love::clap:

Im hoping she(Alissa) is still working on her jumps. If she could get those under control she would be outta this world.:agree:

R.D.

Record Breaker
sad to say, I don't think she ever will...it's been four years since she debuted and although she has gotten lucky a couple times, she still is having a tough time with the jumps. At this point, I think it's safe to say her jumping habits will stick for the rest of her skating career. Even if she takes the time to relearn them, come pressure situations she will go right back to the "old" way of jumping.

But she can be proud of many things...skate Canada champion, nationals bronze medalist, got to go to worlds once...that's definitely a career most other US skaters would kill to have.