Johnny Weir Journal - July '08 | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Johnny Weir Journal - July '08

^ ^ ^
We do think alike about figure skating. Only our nuances are different, and not all.
One thing for sure, we are not waiting for the Quads of any skater if that is his only contribution to the 'art' of figure skating.

DragonPhoenix

On the Ice
That’s fine you see Stephane as a Master Skater encompassing both lyrical and bravura styles.
I enjoy his outgoing performances.
However, I also see Johnny is a master artist on ice. And I see many things with Johnny’s skating which Stephane and other skaters don’t have.

Stephane has creative unique complicated choreography, wild, artistic speedy movements, but he doesn’t have the detailed beautiful line which I care for the most which Johnny and Sandhu have. I think they know the basics of classic ballet.
For me, a skater who can do variety of music and can impressed me maybe Sandhu. Only his landing pose on jumps were not so artistic and beautiful.

I thought Stephane’s artistry improved since 2006. Until then I was not so impressed with his artistry. I couldn’t care less how many jumps he fell on if his artistry was on since 2006, because it was so good.

I hope both of them will do great next season.

They both are superb figure skaters, both very musical, and both with different styles.

I'm looking forward to the 2009 Worlds to see how these two are coming along.

One thing for sure, we are not waiting for the Quads of any skater if that is his only contribution to the 'art' of figure skating.

Agree with both of you. My feelings exactly. :agree: Long live the Artistic Master Skaters !!!!

:rock::rock::rock:

Last edited:

lcd

Match Penalty
I think a particularly telling point from Johnny's blog was his comment which reflected the relative "veteran" status that both he and Johnny have in the sport. My hope would be that their maturity as people would make it far more likely that training together will bring out the best in them both.