Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Possible coaches for B&A

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ~tapdancer View Post

There is a press conference coming up, right?
    My understanding is there is a press conference scheduled at IceWorks for tomorrow. Maybe some light will be shed on this question.

If there is a change of coach for B&A, it would have to be Morozov. Does he have a senior dance team at the moment?

Can he deliver? Even though Morozov has been quite fashionable since the 2002 Olympics, he hasn't really proven himself as much more than a fad (IMHO). I'd rather see them go to someone with more experience and fewer skaters. Though Krylova/ Camerlengo doesn't sound at all bad.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    This is just crazy!! If anyone hears anything that actually confirms this news (like the press conference) please let us know.

I have to agree that Krylova/Camerlengo would be great for them. Are they still coaching Fiella/Scalli? I see B/A as a much better fit with F/S then with D/S...in my opinion.

On the Ice
    What about Gorsha Sur? He was always very artistic. Anyone know what he is up to now? He has to be finished with law school by now. Maybe he isn't even coaching.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    If there is a change of coach for B&A, it would have to be Morozov. Does he have a senior dance team at the moment?
    He's still got Reeds (JPN), and, if I'm not mistaken, hasn't dumped FRASER / LUKANIN (AZE) yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove
    I have to agree that Krylova/Camerlengo would be great for them. Are they still coaching Fiella/Scalli?
    Looks like they are:
    http://www.isufs.org/bios/isufs00005456.htm
    Too bad. That might be a problem.

Custom Title
    Does anybody know what happened at the press conference today? It should have happened by now.

The announcement for it a week ago said there would be a "meet/greet" type reception for the media/people who attended with the coaches and presumably the top skaters there. Would be interesting to hear from somebody who was actually there since one could guess any "statements" would be pretty scripted (with p.c. smiles to boot) but the 'body language' might be more telling. Of course... we all know what great 'dramatic actors' ice dancers (and for that matter their coaches, who were top dancers themselves) can be...

Custom Title
    Any news on the press release from B and A?

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I do not think he is working full-time with a senior dance team, but he has many other skaters clamoring for his attention. I guess it is a possibility, but I would think Tanith and Ben want to be top dog with their new coach.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2