Possible coaches for B&A | Golden Skate

Possible coaches for B&A

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
In his online conference, Artur Werner mentioned that he's heard that Belbin and Agosto are looking for a new coach. He then reiterated that he's only heard it, and does not know anything for certain. However, just for the fun of it - what could be good coaching alternatives for B&A?

merrybari

Final Flight
In his online conference, Artur Werner mentioned that he's heard that Belbin and Agosto are looking for a new coach. He then reiterated that he's only heard it, and does not know anything for certain. However, just for the fun of it - what could be good coaching alternatives for B&A?

It's a shame with them having relocated so recently to think they might feel it's necessary to do it again. But it's not surprising - IF true.

Can offer no suggestion for possible change as I'm not that familiar with this discipline. Will say it's B/A, & D/W that stirred my interest.

cotillion

Rinkside
I don't know , but I'll throw this one out there, how about Shae-Lynn and Matthew Gates?? Shae is one of the strongest skaters ever :bow: and well she needs a high profile team right now. Other than that , I would go to Tarasova for coaching and choreo.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
wow. If this is true it just add more drama to the whole domina and shabalin move. That could be the only reason I could would cause them to change coaches before they even competed once with their new coaches. They are probably in the process of creating new programs.... I feel bad for them. i can't imagine they will skate on top of their game for the begining at least.

lmarie086

Medalist
Another new coach? Even if it is only a rumor right now, I had wondered what it would mean to them when Domnina and Shabalin announced their move to Linichuk. And if this is their response, well at this point I don't know what to say. I for one hope they just stay where they are for now and learn as much as they can-for self improvement.
I'm just a little skeptical though.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Paul McIntosh,

McIntosh basically created and nurtured Virtue/Moir and WeaverPoje. A lot of dance teams under his tutelage have demonstrated good speed, strong technique and solid basics over the years.

~tapdancer

On the Ice
Even if it's only a rumor....

I knew that some drama would come from D/S signing on with Linichuk after B/A did. I said before that probably B/A were fuming...I think the reason they left Igor and Marina was entirely due to V/M and D/W's success in Seniors. They can say what they want but I don't think they enjoyed competing for Igor and Marina's time and devotion.

Now it appears they have the same issue...hmm...guess we'll see what happens.

attyfan

Custom Title
Medalist
Now that N/K have retired, who is Zhulin coaching?

Seriously, IMO, B & A might consider plotting with D & S on how to best milk this (for publicity purposes)

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Now that N/K have retired, who is Zhulin coaching?

Seriously, IMO, B & A might consider plotting with D & S on how to best milk this (for publicity purposes)
Zhulin is back in Russia now. Besides... actually, just read a Werner article on GP I am about to post in a couple of minutes.

Audrey19

On the Ice
Oh no:no: I was seriously worried when I heard that D&S were also moving to Linichuk, and now that...Linichuk could have been very good for them, but I can totally understand them. Why on earth did D&S have to chose Linichuk? :mad:
I just hope the best for them!
As another poster already suggested, I think Zhulin might be a good coice.

Hsuhs

Record Breaker
How about that lovely new-wed couple, Angelika Krylova & Pasquale Camerlengo.

Antilles

Medalist
Is Dubova still in the states? She used to have a lot of high profile teams, but has fallen off the radar.

Shae might be a good idea. or Kraatz and his wife. They don't have high profile people, but they are well known.

Who has Morozov got right now (not that I would want to see them work with him. I don't like his dance choreography).

Whoever they go with, I think they should try David Wilson for choreography.

fumie_fumie

Final Flight
Is Dubova still in the states? She used to have a lot of high profile teams, but has fallen off the radar.

Shae might be a good idea. or Kraatz and his wife. They don't have high profile people, but they are well known.

Who has Morozov got right now (not that I would want to see them work with him. I don't like his dance choreography).

Whoever they go with, I think they should try David Wilson for choreography.

I think the Reeds are training with Morozov.

Shae-Lynn or Kraatz is also a good idea. As for choreography, I believe David Wilson or Toller Cranston will do a great job for them.

Last edited:

~tapdancer

On the Ice
Since I adore both Shae-Lynn Bourne and Victor Kraatz, I would recommend any ice dancer to train with them. But they each have a team that is ranked pretty high, in Canada. Their World rankings aren't high but still...I wonder that they would have the time to devote to more than one team as far as GP series, nationals, worlds. I realize that Igor and Marina have been doing that but I remember Igor saying in a recent interview that he really didn't expect V/M and D/W to do as well as they did in their very first year of Seniors. He didn't have an intention of coaching 3 high-ranked teams. It just happened.

Also, doesn't Shae coach along with Matthew Gates? I would imagine he would have to agree as well.

I can't believe we're discussing this! That B/A would change coaches again this soon boggles my mind.

There is a press conference coming up, right?

If there is a change of coach for B&A, it would have to be Morozov. Does he have a senior dance team at the moment?

Ptichka

Forum translator
Record Breaker
Can he deliver? Even though Morozov has been quite fashionable since the 2002 Olympics, he hasn't really proven himself as much more than a fad (IMHO). I'd rather see them go to someone with more experience and fewer skaters. Though Krylova/ Camerlengo doesn't sound at all bad.

sillylionlove

Medalist
This is just crazy!! If anyone hears anything that actually confirms this news (like the press conference) please let us know.

I have to agree that Krylova/Camerlengo would be great for them. Are they still coaching Fiella/Scalli? I see B/A as a much better fit with F/S then with D/S...in my opinion.

Mimzy

Rinkside
What about Gorsha Sur? :love: He was always very artistic. Anyone know what he is up to now? He has to be finished with law school by now. Maybe he isn't even coaching.