New Sasha Journal | Golden Skate

New Sasha Journal

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Thanks for posting the new journal entry from Sasha. It seems like she enjoyed SOI. I'm glad she was able to vacation with her family.

Dee

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
sounds like she is having fun. A return seems to be out of her head. :love:

antmanb

Record Breaker
sounds like she is having fun. A return seems to be out of her head. :love:

Though it does say that she's back to "hard" training which is something she says she hasn't done for two years....keeps you guessing.

Ant

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Ah, but the hard training will come to an end during her trips to Japan and Korea. I think realized that she needed some 'hard' training because from reports, she was missing her jumps in her SOI routines and will need them when she goes to the Far East, where the fans appreciate good skating.

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
Thanks for the link! WOW, Sasha had a great holiday in Europe, especially that cruise must have been awesome as the scenery is so beautiful. I´m glad that she had some time for relaxation, as she now seems to be so busy, well, young people can handle it, LOL.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
she was missing her jumps in her SOI routines
Lots of the skaters miss their jumps in SOI.
and will need them when she goes to the Far East, where the fans appreciate good skating.
All skating fans appreciate good skating even if a skater falls. When a skater falls in my opinion doesn't mean that they had a bad skate.

Dee

fairly4

Medalist
nice to know sasha has a life after all. regarding a statement in soi- they got along. well for allthe people who complained about mirai and caroline got along and their interview .they think it is fake. so is the soi. chum fake. they have to appear to get along. why --sponsors . it got out they didn't .well people might not go.at work no one really gets along.they put up with each other for the money and the good of thecompany. same thing in soi. they put up with each other. some might be friends but not all. i just wished everyone would tell the truth. we put up with them because of the skating and people instead of faking it.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Sure, lots of skaters miss jumps in SOI, but all of the skaters in the show except Sasha are professionals who have retired from eligible skating. Sasha is the only one who still clings to her eligible status. And she is the SOI HEADLINER.

When Kristi Yamaguchi skated in SOI after her retirement from eligible skating, she was landing all the hard jumps in her SOI routines, and continued to do so well past the age of 30. Sasha has gone for 2A, 3T and the occasional 3S in her show routines, and has been missing one or more jumps on a regular basis.

That just isn't acceptable in a skater who professes to still be interested in skating in the 2010 Olympics.

Fossi

Final Flight
Sasha mentions looking for new dresses and getting back in to shape. At least she realizes she will need a lot of work. My main concern right now is for her cat though. I wonder if she leaves it at a kennel or if a friend/neighbour takes care of it while she is away. Did Sasha ever make mention of this in her journal entries?

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Kristi, Scott, Kurt, Paul, etc all had off nights more than once a season... all of them have talked about it extensively... you can't be on your game night after night after night after night, but you have to at least give it all you've got.

Kristi, Scott, Kurt, Paul, etc all had off nights more than once a season... all of them have talked about it extensively... you can't be on your game night after night after night after night, but you have to at least give it all you've got.
:clap: Scott worked hard to instill that ethic in all Stars on Ice skaters. You don't work for Scott Hamilton unless you believe that every audience deserves the very best you've got, every performance.

dizzydi7

On the Ice
ChuckM,

Although you have a right to your own opinion, I think we get it. You don't like Sasha. Please respect others who do like Sasha.

Dizzy

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What happened to her acting career?
From Sasha's Journal: There’s not been time to take any acting classes. I wish I had more time. I’m on the go so much it’s hard to find the time to do all the things I want to do.
chuckm said:
Sasha has gone for 2A, 3T and the occasional 3S in her show routines, and has been missing one or more jumps on a regular basis.
Wow, you are very lucky to go to that many shows and see first hand what she did or didn't do. Why do you care so much???

Dee

Winnipeg

Final Flight
Again, does anyone know anything about her cat?

I don't know anything specific about her cat BUT as a cat owner (or owned by a couple of spoiled cats:love:) I would think that she likely hires a professional agency to come to her house daily to : check the house for insurance purposes, feed cat, clean cat box, water plants, etc.......they are quite affordable and are a good way to manage the 'home' while away.

Winnipeg

Final Flight
On another note, the thought of her returning for 2010 is far out there IMO. The USA has so many talented ladies, she may not even make the team and that would be a sad way to end one's career. If she wanted to skate for Canada.......................................she might just make it.

Maybe she will never officially announce her retirement. Did Michelle?