Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Sasha Journal

Custom Title

New Sasha Journal

Hello fellow skating fans, happy summer from NY!
    http://www.sashacohen.com/journal.shtml

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Thanks for posting the new journal entry from Sasha. It seems like she enjoyed SOI. I'm glad she was able to vacation with her family.

Dee

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    sounds like she is having fun. A return seems to be out of her head.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    sounds like she is having fun. A return seems to be out of her head.
    Though it does say that she's back to "hard" training which is something she says she hasn't done for two years....keeps you guessing.

Ant

Custom Title
    Ah, but the hard training will come to an end during her trips to Japan and Korea. I think realized that she needed some 'hard' training because from reports, she was missing her jumps in her SOI routines and will need them when she goes to the Far East, where the fans appreciate good skating.

Custom Title
    Thanks for the link! WOW, Sasha had a great holiday in Europe, especially that cruise must have been awesome as the scenery is so beautiful. I´m glad that she had some time for relaxation, as she now seems to be so busy, well, young people can handle it, LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    she was missing her jumps in her SOI routines
    Lots of the skaters miss their jumps in SOI.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    and will need them when she goes to the Far East, where the fans appreciate good skating.
    All skating fans appreciate good skating even if a skater falls. When a skater falls in my opinion doesn't mean that they had a bad skate.

Dee

Custom Title
    nice to know sasha has a life after all. regarding a statement in soi- they got along. well for allthe people who complained about mirai and caroline got along and their interview .they think it is fake. so is the soi. chum fake. they have to appear to get along. why --sponsors . it got out they didn't .well people might not go.at work no one really gets along.they put up with each other for the money and the good of thecompany. same thing in soi. they put up with each other. some might be friends but not all. i just wished everyone would tell the truth. we put up with them because of the skating and people instead of faking it.

Custom Title
    Sure, lots of skaters miss jumps in SOI, but all of the skaters in the show except Sasha are professionals who have retired from eligible skating. Sasha is the only one who still clings to her eligible status. And she is the SOI HEADLINER.

When Kristi Yamaguchi skated in SOI after her retirement from eligible skating, she was landing all the hard jumps in her SOI routines, and continued to do so well past the age of 30. Sasha has gone for 2A, 3T and the occasional 3S in her show routines, and has been missing one or more jumps on a regular basis.

That just isn't acceptable in a skater who professes to still be interested in skating in the 2010 Olympics.

Custom Title
    Sasha mentions looking for new dresses and getting back in to shape. At least she realizes she will need a lot of work. My main concern right now is for her cat though. I wonder if she leaves it at a kennel or if a friend/neighbour takes care of it while she is away. Did Sasha ever make mention of this in her journal entries?

Kristi, Scott, Kurt, Paul, etc all had off nights more than once a season... all of them have talked about it extensively... you can't be on your game night after night after night after night, but you have to at least give it all you've got.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonichelle View Post
    Kristi, Scott, Kurt, Paul, etc all had off nights more than once a season... all of them have talked about it extensively... you can't be on your game night after night after night after night, but you have to at least give it all you've got.
    Scott worked hard to instill that ethic in all Stars on Ice skaters. You don't work for Scott Hamilton unless you believe that every audience deserves the very best you've got, every performance.

Custom Title

New Sasha Journal

ChuckM,

Although you have a right to your own opinion, I think we get it. You don't like Sasha. Please respect others who do like Sasha.

Dizzy

What happened to her acting career?

Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    What happened to her acting career?
    From Sasha's Journal: There’s not been time to take any acting classes. I wish I had more time. I’m on the go so much it’s hard to find the time to do all the things I want to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm
    Sasha has gone for 2A, 3T and the occasional 3S in her show routines, and has been missing one or more jumps on a regular basis.
    Wow, you are very lucky to go to that many shows and see first hand what she did or didn't do. Why do you care so much???

Dee

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast