Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Yu-Na Kim New sp bootleg video watch now!!

Quote Originally Posted by bethissoawesome View Post
    ... but I felt she was kind of lost to the music at the end as the pace quickened. Her spins and footwork seemed like they were dragging behind the music and just didn't quite fit.
    It's kind of hard to tell, since the music was dubbed in afterward.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    LOL!, I can't believe people are dissecting and criticizing Yu-Na's performance at a private practice session in July of the off season with a new program that she has not even competed with yet. Yu-Na is obviously not striving for full attack and perfection at this point in the off season and it's obvious to me anyway that the music has been dubbed in a.k.a. it's not the official, final cut of her music. You'd think Yu-Na is at a public practice session at Worlds already with the way some people are carrying on about this clip. She must be doing something right to be warranted so much attention. Go Yu-Na!, I think you look great!

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    I am dissipointed that the layout is almost exactly the same as last year. her spiral do look a little better and she looks like she is in good shape. also.. isn't the beliiman new? i don't seem to remember her doing one before.

I wonder how many times you have watched Yu-Na Kim's SP of the 2007/2008 season, because I can not see that this year's sp is exactly the same as last year's. Probably you should not criticize if you don't know her skating and her programs well.

If you had meant the jumping elements, we should consider that it is just a short program, which usally has some limited choice in the number of jumps allowed in one program.

Quote Originally Posted by so_proud View Post
    I wonder how many times you have watched Yu-Na Kim's SP of the 2007/2008 season, because I can not see that this year's sp is exactly the same as last year's. Probably you should not criticize if you don't know her skating and her programs well.

If you had meant the jumping elements, we should consider that it is just a short program, which usally has some limited choice in the number of jumps allowed in one program.
    I think the person means the pattern. I.E where the jumps are at what point in the rink.... But personally I have no real issue with this... As long as the choregraphy is different and fits the music etc. Plus, I think her footwork is definently different. But comments about Yu-na losing touch with the music are hilarious when you consider it's dubbed... I don't think the footwork goes with waltz either. And honestly, too, I think that when it comes to the pattern, skaters probably have things they prefer like, getting this amount of skating to build up to the 3/3 etc...

Custom Title
    I feel badly for her if this was supposed to be private or kept secret. When I tried to view it was gone, but I hope it doens't give her opponents a one up on her.

Quote Originally Posted by Fossi View Post
    I feel badly for her if this was supposed to be private or kept secret. When I tried to view it was gone, but I hope it doens't give her opponents a one up on her.
    There was nothing on it but a generic run-through, with other skaters sharing the ice. I don't think any harm was done.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Is that Orser? The guy who's following her around the rink?

it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bekalc View Post
    I think the person means the pattern. I.E where the jumps are at what point in the rink.... But personally I have no real issue with this... As long as the choregraphy is different and fits the music etc..
    Generally you have to do your triple lutz at one of two points in the rink It is a blind jump, with a long lead-in. How many skaters do you see NOT do their triple lutz combo there and then the triple flip at the opposite end?

What I meant with the footwork and music was not that it wasn't in synch... it was just that Yu-na is more of a graceful skater. I feel like when she skates to something that is quick-paced, she becomes a bit lost in it and it always feels like she is trying to catch up (if that makes any sense) and she loses her musicality.

I like this piece of music, but I don't feel like it will highlite Yu-na's best attributes.

Banned
    There is no in-between, absolutely nothing. A very generic program. I think both Yu-Na and Mao are starting to lose their marbles.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hsuhs View Post
    Is that Orser? The guy who's following her around the rink?
    I think so.

People, Yu-Na and her team didn't even want this to get out yet! She skated it without the music, and the reason you can hear the music is because it's dubbed in by somebody - we don't even know if that's the clip she's going to use. At the very least, it looks like her rehabilitation went well and she can jump again.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by mizu_iro View Post
    I think so.
    He looks so involved. Good for her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinymavy15 View Post
    no, i am pretty sure it was David Wilson who was following her around.
    Oh. Difficult to tell from this distance. I thought Orser was the taller one.
    Last edited by Hsuhs; 07-14-2008 at 10:33 PM.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    no, i am pretty sure it was David Wilson who was following her around.

Quote Originally Posted by fiercemao View Post
    There is no in-between, absolutely nothing. A very generic program. I think both Yu-Na and Mao are starting to lose their marbles.
    It's the beginning of July! Ok, the middle of July. I am sure there is more to that program - the video is blurry, shaky, she is as huge as an ant in it.

And program layout - I gotta say that most ladies have pretty nice and creative short program layouts - in contrast to the men, who mostly frontload their programs. It's the short program - it's really hard to be that much creative with the layout.

For example the Prince of creative and artistic, Lambiel himself, hasn't changed the first four elements of his shortprogram since 2005. I just checked - and he also does the elements always in the same corner / area of the ice. He first does the Triple Axel (well, tries to), not in one of the corners, but at one of the long sides of the ice, then he skates to one of the opposite corners, does his Quad-Combo, from there he does a few steps with hand movements into the middle of the ice, does a spin and then skates with a few handmovements to the one end of the ice, turns there and makes the required steps before he does the Triple Lutz on the other end of the rink.

But I really don't think that that reduces his artistry / creativit / originality in any way.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by fiercemao View Post
    It's a run-through at a practice session.
    In July.
    Seriously.

among the lists of descriptic words, the flavor of the month is now GENERIC. even to the point of practice sessions before the choreographer has finished.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast