Coaching changes | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Coaching changes

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
:eek: OMG! I'd never have expected that! The article says that they made the decision after Delobel & Schoenfelder had decided to stay -but still, that's very strange! Zazoui made two great programs for them last season, I thougt she was perfect for them!

I'm as shocked as you are. Moreover, I can't recall P&B ever hinting as to there being a problem with have the same coach as D&S. I think Muriel is great, but I really think that Zhulin would be terrific for them.
But I wonder - despite changing coaches and the fact that they are one of the most promissing couples on the circuit, will they be able to beat D&S before they retire?

rosee

On the Ice
Zazoui made two great programs for them last season, I thougt she was perfect for them!

I will not really worry too much for them and their programs. I read they have already made their programs in France with the choreographers they have been using the past two years.
I hope that Zhulin can help them with the technical side and have more cop friendly programs. They and Zhulin seem to get along very well. Last year they spend 3 weeks working with him and they really seemed excited.

This is terrific news. Maxwell is a terrific athlete who needs artistry and good choreography. If Robin really takes her in hand, I believe we'll be seeing some fantastic results.
Although many Sasha fans blame Robin for Sasha's downfall in Dortmund, I can not go along with that. Sasha skated her cleanest LP in the Elimination Round followed by a stupendous SP Round. All she had to do was skate the LP half as well, but she didn't. Not Robin's fault.
Good luck to Angela with Robin.

lcd

Match Penalty
Robin always struck me as a "thinker" and "polisher" - As such, it strikes me that the timing of this union is quite a good one - as, while Angela has certain unteachable qualities in spades (sheer enthusiasm, gusto and performance ability) it is clearly a critical time for her to step up in significant ways in terms of maturity, emotional depth, and the kind of refinement that will be necessary should she want to take the next important steps as a senior lady. Best of luck to both of them - I for one, am genuinely hopeful