Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Coaching changes

Custom Title
    There was a rumour that B/A were going to switch again when D and S moved to their new coach. Is that true or are they going to stick it out and train next to D and S?

ALso, didn't B and A move in the first place to get away from V and M? and nnow V and M are moving to Steuer???? a former pairs skater?
    Last edited by Ptichka; 07-14-2008 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Merge two posts by the same poster

Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan MissIzzy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Winnipeg View Post
    ALso, didn't B and A move in the first place to get away from V and M? and nnow V and M are moving to Steuer???? a former pairs skater?
    Wrong V&M-Volosozhar and Morozov are with Steuer. One can only wonder what Savchenko's thinking having him around...
    However, Tanith and Ben were apparently consulted before Dominina and Shabalin's final acceptance-I find that claim plausible enough, BTW, because Linichuk had to know she risked losing them otherwise. Also apparently they are all getting along great, which is an impossible claim to gauge, methinks. What we can be certain of is Tanith and Ben are staying put-for the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by MissIzzy View Post
    However, Tanith and Ben were apparently consulted before Dominina and Shabalin's final acceptance-I find that claim plausible enough, BTW, because Linichuk had to know she risked losing them otherwise.
    The question is, did she have a choice. Or was it - train D&S, or Karponosov loses his place on the Russian skating federation council.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by oleada View Post
    Angela Maxwell also changed coaches to Robin Wagner.
    This is terrific news. Maxwell is a terrific athlete who needs artistry and good choreography. If Robin really takes her in hand, I believe we'll be seeing some fantastic results.

Custom Title
    Wagner's still coaching? I haven't heard anything about her since she coached Sasha Cohen.

Quote Originally Posted by KayMil01 View Post
    Wagner's still coaching? I haven't heard anything about her since she coached Sasha Cohen.
    She worked with Rohene Ward for a season or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Audrey19 View Post
    OMG! I'd never have expected that! The article says that they made the decision after Delobel & Schoenfelder had decided to stay -but still, that's very strange! Zazoui made two great programs for them last season, I thougt she was perfect for them!
    I'm as shocked as you are. Moreover, I can't recall P&B ever hinting as to there being a problem with have the same coach as D&S. I think Muriel is great, but I really think that Zhulin would be terrific for them.
    But I wonder - despite changing coaches and the fact that they are one of the most promissing couples on the circuit, will they be able to beat D&S before they retire?

Zazoui made two great programs for them last season, I thougt she was perfect for them!
    I will not really worry too much for them and their programs. I read they have already made their programs in France with the choreographers they have been using the past two years.
    I hope that Zhulin can help them with the technical side and have more cop friendly programs. They and Zhulin seem to get along very well. Last year they spend 3 weeks working with him and they really seemed excited.

Vancouver 2010, 247.23, Bronze
    Quote Originally Posted by NatachaHatawa View Post
    I really think that Zhulin would be terrific for them.
    He hasn't been that great for a while now. Besides, he'll be in "Skating with celebs", a rather time-demanding project, again.

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Lee View Post
    This is terrific news. Maxwell is a terrific athlete who needs artistry and good choreography. If Robin really takes her in hand, I believe we'll be seeing some fantastic results.
    Although many Sasha fans blame Robin for Sasha's downfall in Dortmund, I can not go along with that. Sasha skated her cleanest LP in the Elimination Round followed by a stupendous SP Round. All she had to do was skate the LP half as well, but she didn't. Not Robin's fault.
    Good luck to Angela with Robin.

Custom Title
    Robin always struck me as a "thinker" and "polisher" - As such, it strikes me that the timing of this union is quite a good one - as, while Angela has certain unteachable qualities in spades (sheer enthusiasm, gusto and performance ability) it is clearly a critical time for her to step up in significant ways in terms of maturity, emotional depth, and the kind of refinement that will be necessary should she want to take the next important steps as a senior lady. Best of luck to both of them - I for one, am genuinely hopeful

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2