German News | Golden Skate

German News

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
I read some News about the German skaters a few days ago in the Pirourette, a German Skating journal.

Here the most interesting news.

I read that Sarah Hecken is able to do all Triples in Combination with a Triple Touloup!!!! :rock:
That great news. It is the first Sommer she didn´t grow! :thumbsup:
Is that really right. I can´t believe it! She is such a great talent.

Isabel Drescher is in Berlin and train there. Her aim this season is to qualify for the Junior Worlds.
She will keep her old programms, but worked on them with Rene Lohse.

Annette Dytrt is back in the German Army and will start the season with Nebelhorn Trophy.

Are there some other news???

Medusa

Record Breaker
I actually prefer Drescher over Hecken, don't know why. There is an exuberance in Drescher's style, that I really enjoy. She could work on her basics though. And I never get her jump layout - I think she landed both Triple Flip and Triple Lutz during last season in competition, but didn't always include them in the programs - weird?

Sarah Hecken is really tall, but if she actually stopped growing (which is possible if she isn't suffering from belated puberty like lots of female skaters / gymnasts) there is a good possibility that her jumps will be more reliable now. I am looking forward to seeing her next season.

Do we have two spots for the ladies at Junior Worlds? Then both Hecken and Drescher could go.

Does anybody know how Dytrt is doing? I know that chance of her placing in the Top Ten at L.A. is rather slim - or nonexistent, but it would be nice if we had two spots in Vancouver and at Worlds 2010. It would be just a great experience for any of the ladies - and the more the merrier.

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Yes, we have two spots for the JW. So I think, Sarah Hecken and Isabel Drescher will skate there.

Yes, Sarah is taller than the most skaters. She is 1,68 m. But from what I heard, she don´t grow any more.

You are right. Isabel landed Triple Flip and Triple Lutz last Season in Competition. But both are not so sure.
She do the Flip at the End of the season and the Lutz at the beginning.
She have some trouble with the Triple Loop.
She also landed a Triple Toe - Triple Toe Combination in Competition.

Both are great talents! :rock:

I prefer Sarah. I like her skating so much. But I also like Isabels skating. I love them both. And they are the future of German Women Skating. :bow:

Last edited:

oleada

Record Breaker
Sarah's presentation could use some work (I think ballet classes would be great for her) but I was impressed by how neat and clean her jump technique was.

I've never seen Drescher skate - any videos?

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Don't be so sure that Sarah Hecken (who turns 15 next month) is through growing. Many thought Cynthia Phaneuf was finished growing back in 2004, when she was just 16. But she went through a second major growth spurt when she was 17-18, adding 2-3 more inches, and her jumps went south.

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Sarah's presentation could use some work (I think ballet classes would be great for her) but I was impressed by how neat and clean her jump technique was.

I've never seen Drescher skate - any videos?

Here you can see the SP (KP) and the LP (Kür) from Isabel.
http://www.isabel-drescher.de/video08.html
They are from the DEU-Pokal 2008.
In the LP she stands 3Flip an 3Toe-3Toe-Combo.

You´re right. Sarah´s flexibility is not the best, but her presentation is good for a 14 year old.
And her jump technique is really good.

Last edited:

Meli_Huber

On the Ice
Don't be so sure that Sarah Hecken (who turns 15 next month) is through growing. Many thought Cynthia Phaneuf was finished growing back in 2004, when she was just 16. But she went through a second major growth spurt when she was 17-18, adding 2-3 more inches, and her jumps went south.

Of course, you can grow when you are older.

But I know, that Sarah´s doctor told her and her mother, that she don´t grow any more.
And that´s really good! :agree:

Sandra_persch

On the Ice

well she had two big growth spurts over the last two summers and according to the doctors she won't grow any taller. lets just hope she won't grow sideways though ;)
Can't wait for the new season. Six ladies of the junior team have already been confirmed to have received two JGPs each. And I expect no. 7 to get 2 too. Big question right now is wheater any other girls will receive the last two spots of if the fed will only use 14.

Sandra_persch

On the Ice
I prefer Sarah. I like her skating so much. But I also like Isabels skating. I love them both. And they are the future of German Women Skating. :bow:

I like them both a lot and they have benefited from competing against each other a lot.

Isabel is training in Berlin over the summer and is working with the coach of Peter Liebers and Stefan Lindemann. She will keep last years musik but Rene Lohse has done some choreography with her. She's done a lot of growing over the last two years too. I think she's 1.63 m right now. Hopefully she can have a strong season without further grow spurts and can book the ticket for junior worlds.

Sarah has been training in Milan for a few weeks this summer. I think she got two new programms choreographed there too. Can't wait to see them. I really liked her free skate musik last season.