What is your normal practice day/week? | Golden Skate

What is your normal practice day/week?

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
For anyone practicing their skating now... what is your daily or weekly routine for practices right now?

For me, summer practices go like this...
Monday - Thursday...
5:00 a.m.: Wake up, jog to the rink (it's about 2 miles), stretch out once I get there.
6:00 - 8:00: skating practice
9 - 10:15: Class
11:00 - 12:30: Back to the rink for more practice
1:15 - 5:45: Trapeze practice
6:00 - 8:00: Another class
8:30 - 10:00: Pilates or Ballet, depending on the day
10:30: BED FINALLY!! :clap:

Friday - Sunday:
7:00 a.m: Wake up and jog to the rink again
8:00 - 10:00: Skating Practice
10:30 - 12:00: Off-ice practice
12:00 - 4:00: Chill out time
4:30 - 5:30: Trampoline Practice
6:00 - 9:30: Trapeze
10:00 - 11:30: Skate again (except Sunday, only one practice that day... it's strange practicing late at night though :laugh:)
12:00: BED! (or 10:30 on Sundays)

I'm kind of lucky in that I live in NYC, so everything is close. Pilates and ballet are actually IN the building I live in, and trapeze and trampoline are in the same place and within walking distance of the rink. I'm kind of unlucky in the fact that I never get to bed on time! But I guess that is my fault... and with that said... bed time for me :)

What about everyone else?

Last edited:

princess-ice

Rinkside
During the summer-time:

Skating: Monday through Thursday 2 hours a.m. (with 30 minute lesson each day) and another 1 to 2 hours p.m.; Friday 3 hours a.m. only.

Off Ice: Monday through Thursday mid-day - 2 days off ice and 2 days power skating; Thursday p.m. - pilates/ stretch class; Saturday a.m. plyometrics and private ballet instruction

Other: Monday p.m. - flute lesson; Wednesday and Saturday p.m. - skating school (I work with the ice babies :biggrin:)

During the school-year:

Skating: Monday through Friday 2 to 3 hours p.m. (with 30 minute lesson each day) and another 1 hour Wednesday a.m.

Off Ice: Tuesday p.m. - off ice; Thursday p.m. - pilates/stretch class; Friday p.m. - power skating; Saturday a.m. plyometrics and private ballet instruction.

Other: same as summer

skatergirl45

On the Ice
School Year:
Sunday, Tuesday, Friday 1.5-2 hrs.
Mon-Thurs 1.5 hrs of sports field hockey, bball, track
Sat, Sun-run
Sports games throughout the week
4 times a week-stretch, push ups, abs at about 9 pm lol

Summer
Skate 4-8 hrs a week depending on month
run 5 times a week
workout 4 times

I also coach the little terrors every SUnday in the school year. lol

I do yoga when ever I can.

passion

On the Ice
For anyone practicing their skating now... what is your daily or weekly routine for practices right now?

For me, summer practices go like this...
Monday - Thursday...
5:00 a.m.: Wake up, jog to the rink (it's about 2 miles), stretch out once I get there.
6:00 - 8:00: skating practice
9 - 10:15: Class
11:00 - 12:30: Back to the rink for more practice
1:15 - 5:45: Trapeze practice
6:00 - 8:00: Another class
8:30 - 10:00: Pilates or Ballet, depending on the day
10:30: BED FINALLY!! :clap:

Friday - Sunday:
7:00 a.m: Wake up and jog to the rink again
8:00 - 10:00: Skating Practice
10:30 - 12:00: Off-ice practice
12:00 - 4:00: Chill out time
4:30 - 5:30: Trampoline Practice
6:00 - 9:30: Trapeze
10:00 - 11:30: Skate again (except Sunday, only one practice that day... it's strange practicing late at night though :laugh:)
12:00: BED! (or 10:30 on Sundays)

I'm kind of lucky in that I live in NYC, so everything is close. Pilates and ballet are actually IN the building I live in, and trapeze and trampoline are in the same place and within walking distance of the rink. I'm kind of unlucky in the fact that I never get to bed on time! But I guess that is my fault... and with that said... bed time for me :)

What about everyone else?

You only have 3hrs15mins of class time (school per day)?!!! And when do you study? I didn't see that scheduled in anywhere. ( Are you post secondary student ?)

I've also got to know, don't you feel tired? Wow! You must be in amazing shape!

Last edited:

vlaurend

Final Flight
You only have 3hrs15mins of class time (school per day)?!!! And when do you study? I didn't see that scheduled in anywhere. ( Are you post secondary student ?)

I would die.:sheesh:

bethissoawesome

On the Ice

Taking classes extra classes over the summer, so class hours aren't that long now. If something comes up, like a test, I'll cut back a little bit on what I do in the evening and stay up later. But when I study or do school work, it's usually in splits! I keep stretching while I work. LOL

During the school year, things are more hectic... but being in college let's me arrange my schedule so I can still fit skating in twice a day along with trapeze, but it cuts down on m y sleep time A LOT!!! I have insomnia too :-/ which can be a pain. I went to bed at my normal time tonight, but just woke up now and can't get back to sleep. Ugh. It's going to be a loooonnngggg day tomorrow.

I've always had really intense schedules my whole life, so I'm used to it now. But back then, I didn't love the things I did like I love skating and trapeze. It's easy to work hard when you are working at things you love.

Last edited: