Things that make you go Hmmmm??? | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Things that make you go Hmmmm???

Ouridol, great pictures of Mrs. Tarasova "under the fur." You know something? All these young skaters are very pretty and all, but Mrs. T. has that twinkle in her eye, if you know what I mean! BTW, did you know that she has her own web site? It is quite interesting and professionally done.

http://www.tarasova.ru/english/

Princess Leppard, instead of big feet I always heard that it was the nose that was the giveaway.

MM

Antilles

Medalist
Re: How many pirates will we see? Do you mean skating to Pirates of the Caribbean? It's got a good soundtrack, but I'll laugh my a** off over anyone who tries to be Johnny Depp on ice.

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Rumor has it Kevin Van Der Perren is skating to music from Pirates of the
Caribbean. I think it would be fabulous, but I worry that we will see many,
many, many pirates, not all of them sexy and hot. But I will enjoy the ones
that are.

Mathman.....does that explain my great love of Evgeni? ;)

Laura :)

windspirit

On the Ice
PrincessLeppard said:
Here's my thought to ponder: How many pirates will we see this season?
I think we know to what Li is going to skate this season. ;)

As for the boot covers, I think they make skaters' legs look strange and unattractive.

I've seen Tarasova not wearing her fur, and by no means was she naked, but I definitely felt something was amiss, he he.

Mathman, it's actually the size of the feet AND the nose. In women you're supposed to look at the size of their feet, and in men at the size of their nose. If I remember correctly it was Ovidius who started this silliness (in "Ars Amandi"), and I suspect that his last name (Naso, from nasus = nose) played a big role in it. :laugh:

That said, I love men with big noses. :D

Spirit

On the Ice
I'm not sure what TT's wearing under her coat at any given time, but I've always wondered how many skaters and journalists over the years have fallen into that sea of fur and have been lost forever, perhaps still trying to get out? And more importantly, what steps can we take to ensure that tiny Sasha doesn't follow?

I can see TT wrapping her arms around Sasha in a big hug and suddenly finding that Sasha has simply disappeared -- another missing person, a victim of the fluffy coat.

Linny

Final Flight
Shudder

Methinks TT would shudder to think that anyone wonders what's under the fur coat, or the pink blouse for that matter.

Things that make me go hmmmm...

When they won their World Championship, P&T did this neato move where she dismounted, touched the floor and bounced back up in to a sommersault. It was the only really cool thing they did... so what happened to that? Any why didn't they use that skill to develop other really cool stuff?

Linny

I can see TT wrapping her arms around Sasha in a big hug and suddenly finding that Sasha has simply disappeared -- another missing person, a victim of the fluffy coat.
:laugh: :laugh:

Windspirit and Princess Leppard, I believe that it is not a coincidence that the two World Champions are Evgeny Plushenko and Michelle Kwan. Skaters who are so unfortunate as to have small noses not only sacrifice sex appeal, but also they can't get enough oxygen to sustain a full four or four-and-a-half minute long program. Poor things.:laugh:

Mathman

Lucy25

Final Flight
Goodness, look what I've started :laugh: ! maybe we should begin a separate thread about TT and what's under the fur?

Kind along the lines of Linny's post, I wonder why great moves in an exhibition program never make it in to a competative program. Obviously some can not, but, for example, Michelle's back spiral from FOG, that would be great in a LP.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Actually, I like boot covers. Most skaters wear them while practicing to protect their boots (expensive items as you could imagine) from getting "scuffed up." Some skaters like to wear "flesh" colored boots and some wear covers. Each to his/her own.

bleuchick

On the Ice
why does the seamtress or seammaster ALWAYS get it all wrong when it comes to matching the fabric to the skater's skin tone. i.e a pink fabric does no justice to a beautifully tanned skin.

is the fabric supposed to be an 'illusion' or not.