Things that make you go Hmmmm??? | Golden Skate

Things that make you go Hmmmm???

BravesSkateFan

Medalist
There are certain things in Figure Skating that make us go hmmm....things we may never get the answers to, but it sure is fun to speculate....here are some of mine.

Russians and Gloves....what's up with that? Sokolova wore that one red one in her '03 LP, Yags had them in both Oly programs, Plush wore them in is '03 LP. It seems russians have a thing for gloves or something.

Illusion fabric....how can anyone think that yards and yards of illusion that doesn't match thier skin tone looks good?

What makes a skater decide to wear bootcovers? I think Sarah Huges would look much less "gawky" on the ice if she didn't cover her boots. Maybe its just me.

Lanlie

Spectator
1. Why doesn't Yevgeni cut his mullet?

2. Why does Michelle always where sleeveless costumes?

3. Can Frank crack a smile once in a while?

4. Can Sasha bend her body into a donut and roll on the floor?

5. Can AP add anymore glitter to her costumes?

I'm just kidding *crawls back under rock* :p

Yes, yes, Russian costumes. It takes me back to the turn of the century (not this one, the other one). They seem to me, costumes befitting the Czar's children at a Faberge Eastern Egg Hunt.

Why don't they consult Mzrahi?

Joe

curious

Final Flight
Alexei Yagudin invisible girlfriend in the states. Has anyone actually seen the famous girlfriend he talked so much about in his recent Russian interviews? Can he possibly think he can do eligible and shows at the same time like he also said he wanted to do this season in the same interview? This guy changes his mind so quickly and often about things he gives me a headache.

Antilles

Medalist
I actually like the boot covers mentioned earlier. I think it makes the skates less noticeable during programs.

Lisa

On the Ice
curious said:
Alexei Yagudin invisible girlfriend in the states. Has anyone actually seen the famous girlfriend he talked so much about in his recent Russian interviews? Can he possibly think he can do eligible and shows at the same time like he also said he wanted to do this season in the same interview? This guy changes his mind so quickly and often about things he gives me a headache.

Take a pill and enjoy his skating. ;) :D

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I want to see the SKATES!!!!

Antilles said:
I actually like the boot covers mentioned earlier. I think it makes the skates less noticeable during programs.

Why would you want the skates to be less noticeable? After all, it's called Figure SKATING!:rolleye:

Lucy25

Final Flight
Will the tv camera men not do a super close up on Sasha Cohen's face in her opening position?

Will Peggy Fleming tell the viewing audience that more goes into a spiral than flexibility?

Is TT naked under that fur coat? (Has anyone ever seen her wearing real clothes?)

Antilles

Medalist
Re: the boot covers: I realize it's figure skating, but that doesn't mean I need to be hit over the head with the skates. It's not like I can't tell that they are skating. The guys tend to wear dark pants that match their boots, or they wear boot covers, and I don't hear complaints about them. Either way, it's all about individual tastes.

Grgranny

Da' Spellin' Homegirl
I actually did. Think it was at Skate America, almost 2 years ago in Colorado Springs. She had on slacks. She also was in a very undignified position with one leg up over the chair arm. Don't know if it ever shows up on the tapes or not.

Lucy25

Final Flight
Grgranny said:
I actually did. Think it was at Skate America, almost 2 years ago in Colorado Springs. She had on slacks. She also was in a very undignified position with one leg up over the chair arm. Don't know if it ever shows up on the tapes or not.
That's quite an image! From that description, I also see her in my mind chomping gum with her mouth open.

John King

Final Flight
Things that make you go Hmmmmm???

Not 'Hmmmm???' per se,but Anjelika Krylova's Cleopatra costume makes me go 'M-Hmmmnnn!!!Oleg's Caesar costume makes me go 'Yessss....',Josee C. in Moon River makes me go 'Indeed',and Cupcake's smile makes me go "Severely'.If all this makes you go :confused: ,well,all I can say is "Does Exist":laugh:

ouridol

On the Ice
Last edited:

PrincessLeppard

~ Evgeni's Sex Bomb ~
Final Flight
Boot covers should be banned! Why would a woman want to make her
feet look enormous???? With the guys, well, guys are supposed to have
big feet, yes? So if the boot covers make their feet look bigger, will people
assume something else is bigger?? :laugh:

I like gloves. I like Evgeni's hair.

Here's my thought to ponder: How many pirates will we see this season?

Cheers

Laura :)