Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Project Runway

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar

Project Runway

I am so excited to watch tonight. I can't wait.

Dee

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Me too

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    I am looking forward to it as well.

Custom Title
    I have been waiting for it to start and I had to switch back and forth from -So You Think You Can Dance - to - Project Runway - not fun = what to watch ??? It figures that they have to be on the same time. The lady with the trash bags could have gone home too - she was just as bad as the rain coat guy.

Quote Originally Posted by CB1AB2 View Post
    I have been waiting for it to start and I had to switch back and forth from -So You Think You Can Dance - to - Project Runway - not fun = what to watch ??? It figures that they have to be on the same time. The lady with the trash bags could have gone home too - she was just as bad as the rain coat guy.
    I know what you mean, Big Brother was on at the same time too.

Stella, the trash bag lady should have gone home but I would guess they are keeping her for the drama. At least Jerry (the booted guy) sewed 3-4 pieces.

Some comments from Jerry regarding his design

After hearing the judges' comments, did you know you would go home, or did you think maybe it would be Stella?

I thought it would absolutely be Stella, because she told everyone that she didn't even want to be here, everyone helped her, and she just pieced it together that morning. All reasons to be eliminated. Also, did you see the whip stitch garbage-sack dress? Hello, the judges thought all that was good about her look was the hair and makeup. They kept her on because they were unsure of her as a designer. Wouldn't you eliminate a contestant if they didn't want to be there and you were unsure of their design ability?
    Dee

I'm rooting for my homegirl from Ohio-- and she won last night's challenge!

Thank you, TiVo.

I watched Big Brother. Then, I watched SYTYCD. Then ,Baby Borrowers. Finished 4 hours of TV in 3 real hours. Just in time to watch the rerun of Project Runway at 11pm.

I thought the vaccuum cleaner dress was the right decision for best of the night. It was very innovative of her to use the bleach to give the bags more texture. I also loved how she used the spiral from a notebook to make a 'zipper'. Didn't love the coffee filter bodice's appearance. Overall, it was the most clever and looked nice.

Note: PR was nominated for an emmy for best reality competition show. Other nominees were Amazing Race, Dancing With the Stars, Top Chef and American Idol.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    I think that this season is going to be very interesting. But i think that the garbage bag lady should have been booted. Not very innovative. However, I am sure that she will provide some drama and that's probably why they kept her.

It was nice to see Austin back!!!

A little bit of news

Guess who's dating!!!

Dee

Do you think they're going to be designing a sport outfit tonight???

Dee

I'm excited that the guest is Apolo Anton Ohno!

Some of the designers really did an excellent job. I happy that Kato won, her design was really sharp. Also glad that Jennifer got the boot. The judges gave her lots of insights and she chose not to listen.

Apolo spoke very well about the fashions and I was very impressed with what he had to say.

Dee

I preferred Kato's design for the US Women vs Ralph Lauren's outfit for the US Olympic Team. Why do they put summer athletes in blazers?

In some ways, I prefer past Olympic games where the US athletes wore traditional Levi's for the summer or Sheepskin coats during the winter since most people think 'cowboy' for America. At least, those set us apart from all the other countries that where a 'suit' with a jacket.

Custom Title
    I agree about Jennifer, nothing in her design said USA = hello where were the good old red/white/blue colors

Quote Originally Posted by dutchherder View Post
    I'm rooting for my homegirl from Ohio-- and she won last night's challenge!
    Dutchherder, sorry your lady got the boot. I did like her designs.

Dee

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast