Project Runway | Golden Skate

Project Runway

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I am so excited to watch tonight. I can't wait.

Dee

CB1AB2

Medalist
I have been waiting for it to start and I had to switch back and forth from -So You Think You Can Dance - to - Project Runway - not fun = what to watch ??? It figures that they have to be on the same time. The lady with the trash bags could have gone home too - she was just as bad as the rain coat guy.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have been waiting for it to start and I had to switch back and forth from -So You Think You Can Dance - to - Project Runway - not fun = what to watch ??? It figures that they have to be on the same time. The lady with the trash bags could have gone home too - she was just as bad as the rain coat guy.

I know what you mean, Big Brother was on at the same time too.

Stella, the trash bag lady should have gone home but I would guess they are keeping her for the drama. At least Jerry (the booted guy) sewed 3-4 pieces.

Some comments from Jerry regarding his design

After hearing the judges' comments, did you know you would go home, or did you think maybe it would be Stella?

I thought it would absolutely be Stella, because she told everyone that she didn't even want to be here, everyone helped her, and she just pieced it together that morning. All reasons to be eliminated. Also, did you see the whip stitch garbage-sack dress? Hello, the judges thought all that was good about her look was the hair and makeup. They kept her on because they were unsure of her as a designer. Wouldn't you eliminate a contestant if they didn't want to be there and you were unsure of their design ability?

Dee

heyang

Record Breaker
Thank you, TiVo.

I watched Big Brother. Then, I watched SYTYCD. Then ,Baby Borrowers. Finished 4 hours of TV in 3 real hours. Just in time to watch the rerun of Project Runway at 11pm.

I thought the vaccuum cleaner dress was the right decision for best of the night. It was very innovative of her to use the bleach to give the bags more texture. I also loved how she used the spiral from a notebook to make a 'zipper'. Didn't love the coffee filter bodice's appearance. Overall, it was the most clever and looked nice.

Note: PR was nominated for an emmy for best reality competition show. Other nominees were Amazing Race, Dancing With the Stars, Top Chef and American Idol.

sillylionlove

Medalist
I think that this season is going to be very interesting. But i think that the garbage bag lady should have been booted. Not very innovative. However, I am sure that she will provide some drama and that's probably why they kept her.

It was nice to see Austin back!!!

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Do you think they're going to be designing a sport outfit tonight???

Dee

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some of the designers really did an excellent job. I happy that Kato won, her design was really sharp. Also glad that Jennifer got the boot. The judges gave her lots of insights and she chose not to listen.

Apolo spoke very well about the fashions and I was very impressed with what he had to say.

Dee

heyang

Record Breaker
I preferred Kato's design for the US Women vs Ralph Lauren's outfit for the US Olympic Team. Why do they put summer athletes in blazers?

In some ways, I prefer past Olympic games where the US athletes wore traditional Levi's for the summer or Sheepskin coats during the winter since most people think 'cowboy' for America. At least, those set us apart from all the other countries that where a 'suit' with a jacket.

CB1AB2

Medalist
I agree about Jennifer, nothing in her design said USA = hello where were the good old red/white/blue colors

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Any comments on last nights designs. I thought it was a great challenge.

Dee

Pixie Cut

On the Ice
I loved the drag queen challenge. It was impossible to decide which of the top three I loved the best, all were fabulous! I liked Suede's green outfit, but the bitchy queen was undeserving of something so cute.

CB1AB2

Medalist
I'm glad that Daniel got the boot = he didn't do anything different for that challenge = he gave her/him the same style dress = boring == I loved seeing Chris again = he made the show

heyang

Record Breaker
Overall the designers did a great job on the car part challenge IMO.

Loved Korto's coat.

As for the bottom 3, it was more about lack of vision vs anyone of them being really horrendous.

Dee4707

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
As for the bottom 3, it was more about lack of vision vs anyone of them being really horrendous.
I agree Heyang. I think that Keith really tried to show the judges that he could do other things. I think the one thing he said he tried to make something that no one would know were car materials and I think he accomplished that. I rather liked the simplicity of the outfit. I think when the judges critic they could give more info on their critic. Michael Korrs I think is actually rather snotty. I was confused too as to what they wanted from Keith as he seemed confused. I really think he had the passion. I think the one person that keeps slipping by is Blayne. The top on his dress was horrible. Couldn't he see that. A dart would have at least given the top some shape.

The one person that keeps surprising me is LeAnne. Great dress!!

Dee