Figure skating video game | Golden Skate

Figure skating video game

heyang

Record Breaker
I've seen it on the shelf and have been curious. I don't have a DS; if I did, I'm going to guess that someone would probably gift it to me.

The reviews on their Fashion Design have been positive. I was thinking about buying it for my niece.

If she were into skating (even just viewing), I'd get the skating one for her.

Oh, well. Let me know if it's a good game or not.

childfreegirl

Final Flight
I have a couple of problems with it. Number one, it's not realistic. There is a disclaimer that comes up when you start the game that says this but its nowhere near realistic. However, my biggest problem may just be with my particular game. It gets stuck in training mode and won't let you exit. To go back, or change modes, you have to shut off the console and restart. A major pain. I've never gotten through the first training mode and I don't know if its my particular game or not. The game starts you doing double toe and has you trace a pattern for the skater to do the jump. However, the skater jumps even if you don't trace the pattern. And always falls. I tried this many many times and she never landed a jump. There's also no way to make adjustments to the jumping technique. No way to tell the skater that she's not landing b/c she's not getting her free leg out soon enough., etc. I don't know if this is something that the coach in the game would address if I got to the end of the mode or not.

Anyway, I'm taking it back and getting my money back. Even if it is not my particular game that is the problem and another one would not get stuck, I would not reccomend this game anyway b/c there's no way to make adjustments. Maybe a good way for a child to get interested in watching skating, but not for an adult who knows anything about the sport.

SK8LUVR

On the Ice
My daughter has this game and got to Worlds on it. She loved it and was really good at playing it. Me on the other hand; well, I was terrible at it. The same thing that happened to ChildFreeGirl happened to me. I couldn't get past the toe loop. I guess you gotta have the knack!

childfreegirl

Final Flight
My daughter has this game and got to Worlds on it. She loved it and was really good at playing it. Me on the other hand; well, I was terrible at it. The same thing that happened to ChildFreeGirl happened to me. I couldn't get past the toe loop. I guess you gotta have the knack!

How did she get past it? Did it allow her to make adjustments? Not that it would do me any good. I took the game back last night and got a crossword game instead.