Ah! Testing coming up! | Golden Skate

Ah! Testing coming up!

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
I have my Senior MIF test this Wednesday. The nervousness is really sinking in. Does anyone else have any tests coming up soon?

skatergirl45

On the Ice
I am testing prelim free in Aug. Not scary though.
GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!!!!

The best advice I can give is to be confidant and skate with attitude and confidence as if you are Michelle Kwan........

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
Good luck to you too!

I'm just hoping to get this one over with as soon as possible so I can take the FS and be done with testing, then decide what to do!

vlaurend

Final Flight
Be really, really nervous until Wednesday, then on Wednesday your body will be so sick and tired of being nervous that you won't be nervous anymore, LOL! Good luck! :agree:

princess-ice

Rinkside
I will give you the same advice given to me before I passed my Senior MIF last month: "presentation, presentation, presentation." The judges expect to see a senior level skater on the ice. They want to enjoy the test performance.
While practicing my Senior moves, I played the same music over and over. When I tested, I had the music in my head and just "skated" to it with a big smile on my face.

Skate well!

So, is this you 15th test over these past two years?

princess-ice

Rinkside
So, is this your 15th test over these past two years?

I've been corrected. I didn't realize that you hadn't begun the testing process until December 2007. Wow, you must have amazing energy and endurance!

I took my first moves test in 2002, and have passed Senior MIF and Juvenile FS -- 12 tests in six years. You truly have me amazed!

Have you video-taped any of your test sessions? I didn't tape my Senior MIF session, and now I regret it, because so many people have asked me that same question.

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
I've been corrected. I didn't realize that you hadn't begun the testing process until December 2007. Wow, you must have amazing energy and endurance!

I took my first moves test in 2002, and have passed Senior MIF and Juvenile FS -- 12 tests in six years. You truly have me amazed!

Have you video-taped any of your test sessions? I didn't tape my Senior MIF session, and now I regret it, because so many people have asked me that same question.

I've actually never taped any of my testing sessions, because I've never been worried about failing the tests I've taken so far. Something just seems nerve racking about this one though... probably just because it has "senior" stamped in front of it. I've traveled around a bit for testing too to get them over with. When I took my first tests, I felt so silly because my skating level was so high above the required elements (I've basically been skating at a senior level testing wise since I took my first test instead of taking them as I got better). Because of my age, I can only really be competitive in seniors. I'm too old for juniors.

just wondering

On the Ice
question?

Because of my age, I can only really be competitive in seniors. I'm too old for juniors.

Wow! This just shows how much I don't know. I didn't know you could age out of junior in the US system. What are the age limits for Novice and Junior? I'm pretty sure it's 15 for Intermediate and 12 for Juvenile, but for some reason, I thought after Novice, any age was allowed. Thanks. JW

princess-ice

Rinkside
Last edited by a moderator:

mskater93

Record Breaker
I think the OP means that even if she were to do well at Regionals/Sectionals/Nationals as a Junior, she could not get international assignments due to her age.

princess-ice

Rinkside
In US events, "junior" and "senior" refer to skill levels rather than age.

Skaters who have passed their tests and qualified at to skate at the senior level may still be selected to compete at ISU junior events as long as they meet the age requirements. Likewise, there are some US juniors who are too old to compete as ISU juniors.

The ISU's current age restrictions are:

For ISU senior championships (Worlds, Europeans, and Four Continents) and the Olympic Games, competitors must have reached the age of 15 by the previous July 1st.

For other international senior events, competitors must have reached the age of 14 by the previous July 1st.

For all international junior events, competitors must have reached the age of 13 by the previous July 1st, but not yet 19 (except for men competing in pairs and ice dancing, where the upper limit is 21).

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
Thanks everyone :)

Kudos! :biggrin:

Are you going to compete in Regionals this year at the Senior level?

Not this year, I still have more FS tests to take, tweaking some spins, and some jumps and combinations I want to get down. Not to mention getting the programs together and memorized and perfected... it's a bit too late for this year. But barring no injuries (*knock on wood*), next season I will be. My mind is spinning just thinking about it... even though competing on the circuit is still a year away. I should have been in bed hours ago, but I'm too excited to sleep!
Atleast I have a little break with no morning practice tomorrow (well, I guess technically today now) as a reward. :rock: