Ah! Testing coming up! | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Ah! Testing coming up!

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
Thanks again to everyone :)

Which FS tests are you needing to take?

What competitions are you thinking about doing next year?

I'll be taking the Intermediate FS test at the end of August. I want to be done with testing by the end of this year, so December-ish. I have all of the routines and jumps prepared for the Intermediate through Junior FS tests already. I'm working on Senior level programs now, but I'm still not sure what I will be doing exactly for the Senior FS test. I don't know if I want to go easy on it and stick mostly to doubles so it's an easy test or do triples since that's what I've been practicing and will have practiced even more by the time the actual test rolls around. Obviously there's the required double lutz, I'll do a double axel for the axel jump (I haven't practiced the single in... I can't even remember)... as for the rest, I don't know... especially for the jump combination. I'll use the spiral and footwork sequence that I'm working on in my program. Bleh.

As for the competitions next year, the road to Senior Nationals (I hope I make it that far!!) :) I'm just nervous about it since I've never really competed because of age requirements and only deciding to go through with it so recently. I know the ability is there, but cracking under pressure is a pretty big worry. Also, my rink holds different competitions and shows, so I'll be doing those to get the feel of it. This year I want to get the Figure Skating Club at my college up and running and more active since it's been pretty dead for awhile now. I think it would be really nice to contribute something there and leave something behind after I graduate. I really want to encourage other people that love figure skating and wish they had done it younger that it's never too late to try. You have no idea what could happen and where it could take you, whether it be competitions on the regular circuit, or as an Adult, or just skating for fun.

skatergirl45

On the Ice
That sounds awesome!!!
Good luck with the rest of your tests. For oyr senior free, I would do some of teh triples but not all of them. That is a great way to get triples out in front of an audience with out the pressure of medals but still with the pressure of a test..............

bethissoawesome

On the Ice
That sounds awesome!!!
Good luck with the rest of your tests. For oyr senior free, I would do some of teh triples but not all of them. That is a great way to get triples out in front of an audience with out the pressure of medals but still with the pressure of a test..............

Thank you. :) That's a good idea. Doing a double lutz is required for one of the four solo jumps, so I guess there is no sense in doing my triple lutz... I'll probably do a triple salchow, triple loop, and play it safe and do a double flip. Then for the combinations maybe a triple toe-double loop, and a triple sal-double toe. Then the double axel for axel. /thinks That should be enough to pass (jump-wise), right?

princess-ice

Rinkside
I'm working on Senior level programs now, but I'm still not sure what I will be doing exactly for the Senior FS test. I don't know if I want to go easy on it and stick mostly to doubles so it's an easy test or do triples since that's what I've been practicing and will have practiced even more by the time the actual test rolls around.

Basically, you want to look like a Senior level skater, but you don't want it to look like you are actually working on your jumps, more like they come easy to you. Good luck with your future tests!

As for the competitions next year, the road to Senior Nationals (I hope I make it that far!!) :) I know the ability is there, but cracking under pressure is a pretty big worry. Also, my rink holds different competitions and shows, so I'll be doing those to get the feel of it.

Well, competing is a very different thing. I hope you can find some competitions with other Senior level ladies so you can test out your program and prepare for Regionals. Senior Ladies in the Mid-Atlantic region tend to be very strong.