Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 16 to 26 of 26

Thread: Ah! Testing coming up!

  1. #16
    it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC; Tokyo
    Posts
    495
    Good

  2. #17
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    3,853
    Congratulations!

  3. #18
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    65
    Kudos!

    Are you going to compete in Regionals this year at the Senior level?

  4. #19
    it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC; Tokyo
    Posts
    495
    Thanks everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by princess-ice View Post
    Kudos!

    Are you going to compete in Regionals this year at the Senior level?
    Not this year, I still have more FS tests to take, tweaking some spins, and some jumps and combinations I want to get down. Not to mention getting the programs together and memorized and perfected... it's a bit too late for this year. But barring no injuries (*knock on wood*), next season I will be. My mind is spinning just thinking about it... even though competing on the circuit is still a year away. I should have been in bed hours ago, but I'm too excited to sleep!
    Atleast I have a little break with no morning practice tomorrow (well, I guess technically today now) as a reward.

  5. #20
    Sexy, smart and sterilized! childfreegirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    722
    Congrats!

  6. #21
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by bethissoawesome View Post
    Not this year, I still have more FS tests to take, tweaking some spins, and some jumps and combinations I want to get down.
    Which FS tests are you needing to take?

    Quote Originally Posted by bethissoawesome View Post
    My mind is spinning just thinking about it... even though competing on the circuit is still a year away.
    What competitions are you thinking about doing next year?

  7. #22
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    416
    CONGRATULATIONS!!

  8. #23
    it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC; Tokyo
    Posts
    495
    Thanks again to everyone

    Quote Originally Posted by princess-ice View Post
    Which FS tests are you needing to take?



    What competitions are you thinking about doing next year?
    I'll be taking the Intermediate FS test at the end of August. I want to be done with testing by the end of this year, so December-ish. I have all of the routines and jumps prepared for the Intermediate through Junior FS tests already. I'm working on Senior level programs now, but I'm still not sure what I will be doing exactly for the Senior FS test. I don't know if I want to go easy on it and stick mostly to doubles so it's an easy test or do triples since that's what I've been practicing and will have practiced even more by the time the actual test rolls around. Obviously there's the required double lutz, I'll do a double axel for the axel jump (I haven't practiced the single in... I can't even remember)... as for the rest, I don't know... especially for the jump combination. I'll use the spiral and footwork sequence that I'm working on in my program. Bleh.

    As for the competitions next year, the road to Senior Nationals (I hope I make it that far!!) I'm just nervous about it since I've never really competed because of age requirements and only deciding to go through with it so recently. I know the ability is there, but cracking under pressure is a pretty big worry. Also, my rink holds different competitions and shows, so I'll be doing those to get the feel of it. This year I want to get the Figure Skating Club at my college up and running and more active since it's been pretty dead for awhile now. I think it would be really nice to contribute something there and leave something behind after I graduate. I really want to encourage other people that love figure skating and wish they had done it younger that it's never too late to try. You have no idea what could happen and where it could take you, whether it be competitions on the regular circuit, or as an Adult, or just skating for fun.

  9. #24
    Landing my axel..............again skatergirl45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    333
    That sounds awesome!!!
    Good luck with the rest of your tests. For oyr senior free, I would do some of teh triples but not all of them. That is a great way to get triples out in front of an audience with out the pressure of medals but still with the pressure of a test..............

  10. #25
    it's olympic season :D bethissoawesome's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    NYC; Tokyo
    Posts
    495
    Quote Originally Posted by skatergirl45 View Post
    That sounds awesome!!!
    Good luck with the rest of your tests. For oyr senior free, I would do some of teh triples but not all of them. That is a great way to get triples out in front of an audience with out the pressure of medals but still with the pressure of a test..............
    Thank you. That's a good idea. Doing a double lutz is required for one of the four solo jumps, so I guess there is no sense in doing my triple lutz... I'll probably do a triple salchow, triple loop, and play it safe and do a double flip. Then for the combinations maybe a triple toe-double loop, and a triple sal-double toe. Then the double axel for axel. /thinks That should be enough to pass (jump-wise), right?

  11. #26
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Fresno, CA
    Posts
    65
    Quote Originally Posted by bethissoawesome View Post
    I'm working on Senior level programs now, but I'm still not sure what I will be doing exactly for the Senior FS test. I don't know if I want to go easy on it and stick mostly to doubles so it's an easy test or do triples since that's what I've been practicing and will have practiced even more by the time the actual test rolls around.
    Basically, you want to look like a Senior level skater, but you don't want it to look like you are actually working on your jumps, more like they come easy to you. Good luck with your future tests!

    Quote Originally Posted by bethissoawesome View Post
    As for the competitions next year, the road to Senior Nationals (I hope I make it that far!!) I know the ability is there, but cracking under pressure is a pretty big worry. Also, my rink holds different competitions and shows, so I'll be doing those to get the feel of it.
    Well, competing is a very different thing. I hope you can find some competitions with other Senior level ladies so you can test out your program and prepare for Regionals. Senior Ladies in the Mid-Atlantic region tend to be very strong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •