New Skates/Brush With Fame | Golden Skate

New Skates/Brush With Fame

Cinderella on Ice

Bless you, Fairy Godmother, I'm Having a BALL!
On the Ice
Today hubby and I went to Rainbo Sports Shop for their annual tent sale. I bought three practice dresses for $35 each AND A NEW PAIR OF SKATES AND BLADES!

I'm getting SpTeri Super Teris and MK Phantom blades. We looked at the Super Teris Deluxe but the guy said that at my weight it might be overkill and that the Super Teris should take me through my doubles with no problem. Since I have been used to a very soft boot (from the "olden days"), he felt these would serve me best. They weren't in stock, so they're being ordered.

While we were there, I met Michael Weiss. What a little cutie he is! I got a big poster which he signed. I think he was there on behalf of the Capezio folks. He was so great with the kids who were there, giving everyone advice on their jump take-offs and otherwise just being a regular guy.

sk8er1964

On the Ice
Hey, Cinder -- hope you enjoy your new skates! I hear that SPTeri's are a bear to break in, but the folks I know who skate in them love them. Break out the Bungas!!! (You know, it doesn't matter what skate you use -- we should all buy stock in Bunga LOL!)

I'm glad you met Michael Weiss - it makes me feel like the female version of the dirty old man, but he is rather attractive. I did the Chevy It's Great to Skate Festval with Todd Eldridge. He was kind of stand-offish, but Richard Callahan (sp) was terrific.

Cinderella on Ice

Bless you, Fairy Godmother, I'm Having a BALL!
On the Ice
:laugh:

Skater1964 I know EXACTLY what you mean about the "lech" thing. Poor Michael, he's been surrounded all day by giggly pre-teen, pre-pubescent girls and then this old hag comes bounding up. I had just bought my skates and the excitement of that, combined with the leftover adrenaline from passing yesterday's test, was just gushing out of me! He made the mistake of asking me what I hope to get out of my skating and I just spewed forth about the upcoming gold test, how I got my axel back, breaking my wrist twice, ANs and who-the-heck-knows-what-else. He had that look of a deer caught in the headlights! I told him that I watched some of his programs in slo-mo to pick out the body positions and I felt more like a stalker who had just confessed!

He had two pictures/posters in front of him, one where he's in a full black outfit and one where his shirt is open, showing full chest and some pretty toned abs. For some reason, he chose to give me the fully clothed one! :cry: I don't blame him one bit! :laugh:

rachelstarlet

Rinkside
Hey, that's cool about your purchases! I wish I had a place nearby that I could buy skating dresses, but I don't think I do (it's possible there's somewhere I don't know about tho). Good luck breaking in your new skates - when do you get them? Are you going to be wearing them for your gold test, or sticking to your old ones?

I think if I had been there I might've been one of those giggly girls around Michael Weiss, lol. I went to Champions on Ice this year and we waited in the back to watch the skaters get on the bus and stuff and I saw him and someone else (not a skater) walking over to a different car. He had his luggage. I yelled "Michael!" but he didn't come up for autographs. :laugh:

sk8er1964

On the Ice
LOL! LOL! LOL!

Too funny Cinder!

Can't tell you how many times I have gushed over being an adult skater until someone's eyes glaze over! At least my coach and my family get it! :)

PS - OK - I got the "too many images" error that I got the other night. I have 4 smilies in this post. Anyone else get this message? (I've changed the images to the old version to make sure the messgae gets posted).

Lanie

On the Ice
I'd be kind of giggly around Michael Weiss. I do not like him, but he's a cutie! But I'd be speechless around Plushy... :)

Only brushes with skating fame for me--Scott Hamilton, Tiffany Chin, and Beatrisa Liang. I didn't really "meet" Scott, but he did smile at me when he was skating past in his program! :D