Inoue and Baldwin sign endorsement deal with AFLAC | Golden Skate

Inoue and Baldwin sign endorsement deal with AFLAC

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Inoue and Baldwin have landed something bigger than a throw triple axel, a multi-year endorsement deal with AFLAC

http://www.inoueandbaldwin.com/aflac.html

The pair will be tied exclusively with the insurance giant in all advertisements in all media, including television, radio, Internet, print media, outdoor billboards, direct mail, video, cinema advertising, public relations promotion and corporate media such as catalogs, stickers and the Web site. “Every athlete dreams of this kind of partnership with a great company like Aflac,” John said. “We look forward to representing Aflac.”

Rena and John provided an opportunity for Aflac to share Rena’s story of overcoming cancer and being a positive model.

Filming dates are set in both Los Angeles and Japan.

They will also be appearing in COI Japan in September and the Skating For Life fundraiser for the Susan G Koman breast cancer charity in October.

http://www.inoueandbaldwin.com/08schedule.html

It's not clear when there will be time to train in this busy schedule, but they are also scheduled to compete at Skate America and NHK.

Last edited:

fiercemao

Match Penalty
good for them!!

I was surprised to see in a recent Japanese documentary, Inoue was working as a cashier at a Sushi restaurant. The film was taken after 2008 world championships. It just shows you what an awful situation figure skaters are in, even for elite skaters.

lcd

Match Penalty
Impressive to see somewhat out of the ordinary flavor of Corporate America stepping up to the plate to support skaters... I'm all for it.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I'm hoping AFLAC will place some of those ads on Skate America and NHK and Nationals so we could, perhaps see the pairs sp and lp--pairs are OFTEN chacked in the US.

That is such good news! :clap:

I wonder if they will make any ads skating with the AFLAC duck! :laugh:

KwanFan1212

Joey Votto Fangirl
Final Flight
I'm hoping AFLAC will place some of those ads on Skate America and NHK and Nationals so we could, perhaps see the pairs sp and lp--pairs are pretty much always chacked in the US.

Fixed that for you. :sheesh:

Good for Rena & John to get that endorsement and I wish them well. I do wonder if John will be as annoying as that darn duck can be in commercials though, LOL :laugh: ;) :p

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I like the duck! :) They wouldn't put John in the duck suit woud they? :laugh:

:laugh:

...does this mean John Baldwin will be around for at least as long as that multi-year contract?

I swear Nationals will never be without him! :rofl:

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Yes, I can see AFLAC showing Rena with the duck. Perhaps they'lll photoshop John out and the duck in.

Tinymavy15

Sinnerman for the win
Record Breaker
I hope they will be in commercials with the duck! Those Aflac commercials are funny. Good news for them... any news of they are coming back and compete this year?

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Okay, from a money standpoint, good for them. They will make some money ect. however, can not help but find it ironic that it's with an insurance co.....given his age, I wonder if they will cover him when he hurts himself (or Rena god forbid) trying to skate competitively at age 40.:unsure:

sar

Rinkside
Just wondering have not heard any news on them recently. Are Rena and John married yet, if not are they engaged?
Thanks

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
He sells used cars and has since he was 15. In fact, I recall what he said when he was asked what it meant when they qualified for Worlds the first time--I believe it was 2003, but I could have that wrong.

He said it meant the car selling season would start later this year.

They sold the RV and are having a house built.
http://www.inoueandbaldwin.com/newhome.html

I haven't heard whether they got married yet or not. I suspect there would be photos on the website if they had. However, the website speaks of them as being engaged still.