Thread: 2008-2009 TV coverage

Hybrid View

Custom Title

2008-2009 TV coverage

I've been busy and out of the loop this summer. Is there any news about TV deals being made? I'm just wondering if we'll get to see any GP coverage at all.

well, NBC will not do anything but SA, and how much, I'm not sure, but it will probably like last year.

IceNetwork is completely tigtlipped about showing anything. Since they have to campaign for viewers, it's getting kind of late.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    I doubt that we will see anything. It's a shame really for those of us that don't have ice network.

Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post
    I doubt that we will see anything. It's a shame really for those of us that don't have ice network.
    IceNetwork is not expensive. What is expensive is getting the computer requirements. Check it out with a friend who is a computer wiz. It maybe in reach.

I anticipate they will show the USA Regionals and Sectionals which I enjoy viewing. There are a lot of good skaters in those events (and some not so good).

Custom Title
    No ESPN coverage? :(

Well I guess I'll do what I usually do to watching the GP season: YouTube. :P

Custom Title
    Seems I did read a while back that cbcsports of Canada signed a deal for the season's GP. And there's always YouTube. but this is very disappointing for US fans - and short sighted of NBC and others as the sport builds towards the Olympics. Many fans like to keep track of the "competition" so to speak. I know I do.