Thread: IFS - Aug/Sept - with Oksana Baiul

Hybrid View

Custom Title

IFS - Aug/Sept - with Oksana Baiul

what is this new *news* that SOI is changing big time.

For the first time in a long time,they changed choreographers and now I here they are going to do theatrical productions.

Can someone who got the latest IFS tell me what else is written in that issue.

Thanks in advance.

p.s - Oksana is going to join the SOI next year. :D
    Last edited by bleuchick; 08-24-2003 at 07:53 PM.

Minusaramadad from Arctaroon John King's Avatar

IFS - Aug/Sept - with Oksana Baiul

Bleuchick,we have been hearing rumors about Oksana in SOI for some months now.Can you give us a definite link?

Custom Title

it must be true

because the information is printed in the editor's page of the new IFS. I believe Martin Lund won't release such information unless it is true.
    Last edited by bleuchick; 08-24-2003 at 07:54 PM.

I have the issue; it doesn't go into alot of detail concerning the "new" SOI. what it does say is that the tour is going into a whole new direction this year; Scott Hamilton is quoted as saying something along the lines that this past season taught them that they can't rely on the cast of Olympic Champions concept alone. Per this, Chris Dean is the new creative Director for the tour (replacing Sandra Bezic, who stepped down this year), and Scott will be taking a very active role in the creative side of the show. it also says they'll be looking into new ways to market the show.
    That's about it; I'm sure Scott and IMG want to keep as much of the plans under wraps untill the tour starts up again in December.

Andy

Custom Title
    That's good news. Oksana just might give SOI the shot in the arm that it needs. Change is inevitable, and that's life.

Custom Title

Thumbs up

thank you for the information.

"Sandra stepped down" I wondered what happened. Haven't gone to the SOI site for a long time. I hope they get more women in the show. REALLY miss Kristi. Glad Kurt is still there but I'm sure he won't be there much longer. I REALLY hope Oksana has her life in as good of shape as is being said. It will be fun to see her again. Just hope she doesn't do that over the top dramatizing any more. I always thought that if she hadn't won the gold things might have been different, but who knows? MOSTLY, I hope I am able to go again this year.

Custom Title
    Originally posted by Grgranny
    I REALLY hope Oksana has her life in as good of shape as is being said. It will be fun to see her again. Just hope she doesn't do that over the top dramatizing any more. I always thought that if she hadn't won the gold things might have been different, but who knows?

There's a quote from Oksana that she was really into the dramatic diva look but now she just wants to skate and express the music. She would like to get back to her skating outlook from when she was a little girl.

I'm looking forward to seeing the new Oksana.

Go NJ Devils
    There was a photo of Bauil in the front of the issue in a sleek gold dress and killer shoes that make all of the Manolo Blahniks in Sex and the City look anemic.

Oksana update

I saw Oksana perform 2 programs a couple of weeks ago: one to a J.Lo song, and another classical piece with a ballet-style dress. Although in general I don't like J.Lo's music, the program was fun. The classical program was a little dull, but it may be that she hadn't been working on it as long. Or the fact that the ice floor for this show was never installed properly and they had to cancel 2 of the performances!

Anyway, in the performance I saw, Oksana waas skating very well. She landed a 3T (I think it was 2-footed though) and at least 4 2A between the 2 programs, all but one of them beautiful. There were also some 2T and 2S. Oksana looked very serious about skating well, but also quite happy to be on the ice

guinevere

Custom Title

sound serious to me too

Oksana is skating. When was the last time we saw her skate? I can't believe it.

On the Ice

Oksana Update

Guinevere, what kind of show was this that Oksana skated in and where did it take place? I can't wait to go see her in SOI!

This is my first post since the board switched over!

Minusaramadad from Arctaroon John King's Avatar

MaryJane,this is for you!

Go to http://www.oksanastyle.com/index.cfm...age=OksanaNews ,it contains over 20 pics of Oksana,as well as a video of her Seattle program!Glad to have you back with us!

On the Ice

Thanks John!

Thanks for the info about Oksana on her website! Wow, I was so happy reading about all of the updates on Oksana and seeing the new pictures of her. I had kept checking that News section on her site for the longest time but everytime I checked it there wasn't anything there so I guess I had forgotten about it. Can't wait to see her next performances, she really looks so happy with her life now. I'm so happy she's not trying to fade away quietly or something like that,she's too bright a star to do that!
    Thanks again John!!