The Olympic Games | Golden Skate

The Olympic Games

sillylionlove

Medalist
I usually watch everything but I am just that kind of person. However, I will be on vacation for part of the Olympics so I might miss some. I like to watch gymnastics, swimming, diving and track and field. I am sorry to hear that Paul Hamm had to withdraw from men's gymnastics.

Johar

Medalist
I could cry about Hamm having to withdraw. He was one I couldn't wait to watch.

merrywidow

Record Breaker
I'll watch track & field & the rowing events. Some swimming, diving & gymnastics but they get very repetitious. Some boxing.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I try to watch as much of it as possible. Favorite events - gymnastics, swimming, diving, cycling, boat racing, equestrian, track & field, the marathons.

heyang

Record Breaker
Gymnastics definitely. If nothing else is on, I don't mind watching the swimming and diving. Track is ok, but I can't watch the marathon or the long single runs - relays are always fun to watch.

Johar

Medalist
Synchronized swimming. How could I forget to add that one? And it's a very hard sport to learn.

bronxgirl

Medalist
Equestrian, Equestrian, and Equstrian (there are 3 disciplines you know:laugh:)
so its Oxygen (the cable network) and the Internet for me. The most they ever show in prime time is the cross country of the eventing (especially when there's a spectacular fall) and the show jumping.

Johar

Medalist
I love the Cross Country ortion. Watching horse and rider navigate difficult jumps is so much fun.

sillylionlove

Medalist
I went onto the nbcolympics.com site and signed up for e-mail and text alerts.... I am just that dorky!!!

eliza88

On the Ice
I am counting the days for the Olympics to start! I cannot wait! I will watch any and all the events...favorites are gymnastics, swimming, diving, rythymic gymnastics, volleyball...

I will have to set my alarm clock to music and not NPR so I won't be spoiled and avoid all olympic discussions at work! Yikes! It will not be easy!

OMG! Paul Hamm withdrew? I didn't know because I was on vacation. Oh too sad, I was so looking forward to seeing him compete!

eliza88

Lonewolf

On the Ice
I will watch as much as I can, but swimming and gymnastics will be at the top of my list.

ChrisH

On the Ice
I went onto the nbcolympics.com site and signed up for e-mail and text alerts.... I am just that dorky!!!
It shows that primetime coverage will start on Friday at 7 pm PST. A preview and then the opening ceromonies. There is also a programming package/guide called NBC Universal that's included with my satellite/cable provider. :)

If anyone is attending the Games, I'd love to see a diary.

Medusa

Record Breaker
Has anyone read this article about the new scoring system in gymnastics? I swear, you only have to change a few words here and there and voilà, you have an article about COP.

Has anyone read this article about the new scoring system in gymnastics? I swear, you only have to change a few words here and there and voilà, you have an article about COP.
I just read it this morning, and I found it quite interesting. The Tech scores are very much like the CoP but the performance scores remain stead fast which is not like the CoP. A gymnast can indeed get a perfect performance score. I like that aspect better than giving points to so many of the component scores. JMO.

Lonewolf

On the Ice
I just read it this morning, and I found it quite interesting. The Tech scores are very much like the CoP but the performance scores remain stead fast which is not like the CoP. A gymnast can indeed get a perfect performance score. I like that aspect better than giving points to so many of the component scores. JMO.

Thank you for the article, I had heard that there was a new scoring system in gymnastics.The article was quite interesting.

sillylionlove

Medalist
I heard this too this morning. Also nbcolympics.com is reporting that Chelsie Memmell is hurt as well but she will be competition but it might only be on the uneven bars!!! But they are not sure...the women start this Sunday.