Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: The Olympic Games

Opening ceremony was awesome!

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johar View Post
    Opening ceremony was awesome!
    Totally agree!!! The precision was outstanding!!

Dee

Loved the opening ceremonies, just spectacular!

Custom Title
    I was totally impressed with everything = thought the lighting of the torch was awesome = that guy flying around the stadium was something else == the guys playinng the drums were so precise and insync == it was a great opening cermony == I could go on and on but I'll stop now

Although I was not able to see all of the opening ceremony, but what I saw was amazing. I especially found the movable type, that kept spelling harmony, was absolutely amazing. I was sure it was accomplished through the use of a computer, but was surprised that each movable type cube had a person inside. What an accomplishment......

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    China sure knows how to put on a show. Beautiful opening ceremony. I loved the huge lantern with the dancer on it that turned into a globe. So awesome. Sarah Brightman was a nice surprise too!

Definitely one of the best Olympic opening ceremonies. It was a great blend of the traditional (drummers, painting, tai chi, acrobats, fireworks) with the modern (LED floor and scrim, lighting techniques). The precision of the 2008 drummers and the 2008 tai chi experts was amazing. I loved the story of the little boy who survived the earthquake, pulled himself out of the wreckage and stayed to help 2 of his classmates because he was the hall monitor and it was his job to help keep people safe.

I saved it to DVD since I heard how awesome it would be. I think my favorite torch lighting is stil 92 Alberville arrow or Ali lighting the torch in LA. China's does rank up there though for theatricality.

Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    I think my favorite torch lighting is still 92 Albertville arrow or Ali lighting the torch in LA. China's does rank up there though for theatricality.
    I think you mean the 1992 Barcelona Opening Ceremonies. That's when the torch was lit by the arrow. That was gorgeous too.

Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program Tinymavy15's Avatar
    Congrats to M. Phelps for his first Gold. may it be the first of many!

It had to be the most exciting Relay in decades. I really think the French were the better team but that Jason was a hero for the weaker American team. JMO.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    It had to be the most exciting Relay in decades. I really think the French were the better team but that Jason was a hero for the weaker American team. JMO.
    That relay was amazing - no one covers that kind of gap in a sprint - it was electric, and I'm so, so glad I saw it!!!

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    That really was the best relay ever. I think the french guy really put his foot in his mouth by saying that they were there to smash the americans and they really didn't.

Custom Title

the opening ceremony is simply stunning

What a spectacular opening ceremony, breathtaking

Loving pairs, dance and figure skating mycelticblessing's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sillylionlove View Post
    That really was the best relay ever. I think the french guy really put his foot in his mouth by saying that they were there to smash the americans and they really didn't.
    They came really close though, for a moment there, I thought Phelps wouldn't have his eight golds.

I have a question about swimming relay teams. If a different swimmer helps the relay team qualify for the final and that team wins a medal, do just the four swimmers in the final receive medals, or do the other team members who helped the team qualify receive medals as well? Thanks.............42

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast