Fedor Andreev might not be competing next season :-( | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Fedor Andreev might not be competing next season :-(

libby

Match Penalty
Well, neither did the poll say "who shall guest star on SOI 2008 tour", as far as I remember.... I don´t remember the exact date that poll started, but this seems to have appeared pretty soon after the US Nationals

http://www.figureskatersonline.com/evanlysacek/news.html

"February 21, 2008

Fresh off winning his second consecutive U.S. Championship, Evan will join the Emmy award-winning Smucker’s Stars on Ice tour for its final 11 shows, beginning March 27 in Cleveland, Ohio.

The two-time World Championship bronze medalist joins Stars on Ice following the 2008 World Championships, March 17-23 in Gothenburg, Sweden. Evan will skate in shows in Connecticut, Ohio, Massachuttes, Maine New Hampshire, New York and Pennsylvania."

The above means that the official decision about Lysacek in SOI was made before the above info was posted on his official website. My guess is that he got the invitation based on being a two-time World bronze medalist and the current US champion. Another matter is which US male skater will be invited for next spring.

Sorry, about the off-topic...

The SOI poll was put up on the SOI Official Site on February 12, 2008 and taken down one week later, on February 19, 2008. Johnny Weir won by an overwhelming majority of 80% of the vote. SOI announced their 2008 guest stars (Evan Lysacek and Kimmie Meissner) two days later, February 21, and made no mention of their poll at that time or since. They added Tanith Belbin and Benjamin Agosto as guest stars the next week.

There are simply no facts at all to back up the allegation that the poll was taken to determine who the guest stars should be on the tour more than a year later. Neither SOI or any other tour contracts skaters a year in advance (due to scheduling and other concerns such as injuries and fluctuating status, skaters are generally booked for tours very close to when the tours actually begin). There is no reason that SOI would have been asking fans to vote on who they should book in over a year, not knowing who would be available or at the top of their game then.

libby

Match Penalty
And what exactly did you have to say about Fedor, Icd, to add to the conversation and get it back on topic?:p

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
This is probably a futile attempt to get the topic back on track, but I thought I'd share these never-before-seen vids of Fedor. My free screen capture software automatically stops recording after 5 minutes, which is why I had to split it into two pieces.

His 2000 Skate Canada International SP :clap: :love: :thumbsup::
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lAFVhuBG3k

His (ludicrously low) marks :mad: :scowl: :disagree::
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRePJULycqs

I recently met a figure skating pal who remembers reading an article about Fedor, but she can't remember the title of the magazine. This is her vague description, and I hope someone can help me identify it.

"The interview was from a skating magazine right after nationals.....the ones right on the rack....I think it was the canadian one... It was a big article on what he was doing outside of skating and had a pic of him and his mom...a nice one....and I swear I read that he hoped for an international assignment...maybe nebelhorn."

Last edited:

Kasey

Medalist
Not sure about the other B-event rosters, but the two Canadian men for Nebelhorn are Jeremy Ten and Joey Russell.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Not sure about the other B-event rosters, but the two Canadian men for Nebelhorn are Jeremy Ten and Joey Russell.

For a while, Jeremy's name was the only one listed for Nebelhorn (the other was TBD), so Joey was a late addition. To me, that suggests the federation were willing to keep that slot open for Fedor, but now that he's in contemplation mode, they then gave it to the next best candidate.

Anyways, I still hope someone can tell me which magazine that was, or if anybody has an extra copy of it, please contact me so that we can make some sort of arrangement.