2010 US Ladies Olympic Team | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2010 US Ladies Olympic Team

Which 3 (hopefully) US Ladies will go to Vancouver in 2010?

• Mirai Nagasu

Votes: 76 51.7%
  • Rachael Flatt

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Ashley Wagner

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • Caroline Zhang

Votes: 88 59.9%
  • Katrina Hacker

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • BeBe Liang

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Kimmie Meissner

Votes: 23 15.6%
  • Alyssa Czisny

Votes: 34 23.1%
  • Sasha Cohen (If she returns)

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • Other- Please post your thoughts in the thread

Votes: 11 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dannyascii

On the Ice
Zhang, Flatt, Wagner/Czisny
After seeing her 2007 Nationals FS, I really believe Alyssa is one of the most talented skaters in the world. I realize she is somewhat of a risk, but I think if she could pull together two relatively clean programs, she'd really be in contention for a medal in 2010. I'd love to see her there.

R.D.

Record Breaker
^ it would be cool if Alyssa got to go to an Olympics...

She had a legit shot in '06 though and blew it BIG.

gourry

Final Flight
I know there would be only two spot but I chose three anyway.

Rachael-consistent
Sasha-feels like complete version of Alissa and Caroline and I'm worried about Caroline's jumps
Ashley-just love her style :p

Trewyn

Medalist
Right now, I think Rachael and Caroline is the most obvious answer to this question. The poll also reflects that. My personal dream US Olympic team is Sasha and Ashley. But I think if Sasha comes back, it's still more likely to be Sasha and Rachael because unless Rachael bombs the GP and Ashley shines, it's unlikely Ashley will make the Olympic team over Rachael. If Sasha does not come back, I'll hope for Rachael and Ashley. Big underdogs to make the team (they're underdogs because the didn't have a very good 2008-2009 season) are Kimmie and Mirai.
I'd be very surprised if Alissa or Bebe or any of the JGP skaters made the Olympic team.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
well I voted when this poll was brand new...

I'll put Ashley and Rachel on the team now if I could.

R.D.

Record Breaker
I think the more interesting question is whether the USFS will send the Top Two or whether they will introduce a more rigorous process (i.e. factoring in GP results) to select the Olympic Team.

TripletA

Rinkside
I am going for Flatt and Kwan. Realistic or not that is who I would put on the team if everyone was on par.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Perhaps this topic should be revisited next January...it's much too early to tell right now, and a LOT can happen in the meantime (including injuries to the top contenders, etc.)

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
My pick were:

Mirai: She's got it all!!! And I think we need to give her an olympic experience. She's gonna be awesome once her growth spurt is over.

Rachel: She's the most reliable & hands down I knew she'd be great since 1st time I saw her.

Kimmie: Once she's fixed her problems, she'll be roarin back.

:agree::agree::agree: I do not think it possible to say the words any better :agree:

Although I might have said something other than "Roarin":laugh: but it works perfectly.
Hasn't anyone thought about Michelle Kwan.
Yes . ? ... but it had nothing to do with the "...2010 Olympic..." in the same title :rofl::rofl::rofl:
Fumie will be the oldest competitive in ladies am i.m.o

Last edited:

SeaniBu

Record Breaker
Perhaps this topic should be revisited next January...it's much too early to tell right now, and a LOT can happen in the meantime (including injuries to the top contenders, etc.)

Always the realest:p So true though at this point guesses are just fun

delobelfan30

Rinkside
Nagasu and Flatt. Nagasu made the right coaching move, Zhang the wrong one, and it will allow Nagasu to pass Zhang back in the rankings and cause Zhang to miss year of making it to Worlds and/or Olympics. Czisny is toast, she might as well turn pro immediately and cash in on her fluke U.S title since the only Olympic rings she will see are on televsion. Wagner could make the team if she puts it all together but what are the odds of that. Cohen might abandon her comeback altogether after a terrible showing vs the devastatingly strong Eric Bompard field. If she makes it to Nationals I give her a 40% shot of making it, my gut tells me she will miss though. Meissner I would like to see comeback strong but I doubt it.

So my picks are Nagasu and Flatt. Give Cohen a decent shot to make it, Wagner a decent shot, and Zhang a decent shot. Still my choices are those two. Meissner, Czisny, and little Hughes (god when is she going to retire already), and Kwan (in the miracle she returns) have NO shot.

christina2009

Spectator
Who do you think will make the 2010 US Ladies Olympic Team?

Let's assume (hopefull thinking...) that there will be 3 spots- Vote for 3 people you think will pull it all together and make it to Vancouver.

And don't forget the underdogs... Sometimes they surprise ya! :cool:

Glad it works as expected for you

keyword

Dee4707

Ice Is Slippery - Alexie Yagudin
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I voted for Sasha, Caroline and Rachel. :clap: :clap:

PolymerBob

Record Breaker
I voted for Sasha, Caroline and Rachel. :clap: :clap:

Well, I wish you could be right, but we only get 2 ladies' spots. I'm pretty sure it will be 2 of those 3, but it's hard to tell which. TEB will tell us a great deal.

I am in the extreme minority here, but I still feel it's possible our ladies' Olympic team will be decided by Christmas.