2010 US Ladies Olympic Team | Golden Skate

2010 US Ladies Olympic Team

Which 3 (hopefully) US Ladies will go to Vancouver in 2010?

• Mirai Nagasu

Votes: 76 51.7%
  • Rachael Flatt

Votes: 83 56.5%
  • Ashley Wagner

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • Caroline Zhang

Votes: 88 59.9%
  • Katrina Hacker

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • BeBe Liang

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Kimmie Meissner

Votes: 23 15.6%
  • Alyssa Czisny

Votes: 34 23.1%
  • Sasha Cohen (If she returns)

Votes: 33 22.4%
  • Other- Please post your thoughts in the thread

Votes: 11 7.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JClairUSF

Spectator
Who do you think will make the 2010 US Ladies Olympic Team?

Let's assume (hopefull thinking...) that there will be 3 spots- Vote for 3 people you think will pull it all together and make it to Vancouver.

And don't forget the underdogs... Sometimes they surprise ya! :cool:

vlaurend

Final Flight
I think Alexe Gilles stands a good chance, too. Her jumps seem pretty consistent and she seems to have the ability to stay focused.

ae9177

On the Ice
Although I would love to see Kimmie, Sasha and Bebe make the team (and Michelle!), realistically, the top 3 young ladies of 08 Nationals may get the edge. Hard decision...

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
It really would be great if Sasha were to come back. Technicly, she may not be as good as before, and may not have a chance of getting a medal, but unlike most of the US ladies, she is artistic. Zhang and Nagasu are very talented, but they are girls and not women, so their artistry isn't mature enough. A similar comment can be made for Kimmie: she's got technique, but artisticly she isn't worth much.

At the Olys, people want to get goosebumps, they want to be thrilled, and Sasha is the only one who, for now, can do just that.

HCOSurfer

Final Flight
This polls a tough one, but here's my opinion:

Mirai - She probably has the best chance of breaking the Asian barricade, but she has a problem with under rotating her jumps. Hopefully she'll fix this problem before 2010 comes around because she's got everything, speed, flexibility, good spins, good jumps when they're fully rotates, and good presentation.

Caroline - She's improved so much over the past few years, adding more and more new tricks, but she skates so slow compared to the others. If she speeds her skating up then she's got a real shot, plus her PCS should go up.

Racheal - She's probably the most consistent of the American ladies and she's working on a second 3-3 which will rack up the points for her. I can definitely see her on the team because of her consistency and mature presence on the ice.

Others to look out for:

Ashley - I really would like to see how she's transformed this season, her SP looks gorgeous and I'm sure her LP is too. If her transformation continues and if she fixes her flutz then I can see her on the US team.

Kimmie - I really hope she can get back to her old self before 2010, I would love to see her on the olympic team.

AwesomeIce

Match Penalty
I picked Kimmie, Bebe, and Ashley because I'm really not into any of the other girls. Caroline and Mirai and Rachael presumably have a bit of growing to do between now and Feb. 2010, who knows if any of them will be able to adapt to their growing bodies? I'm not willing to get invested in someone that hasn't yet gone through their major growth spurt, because too often I fall for the skaters that hit puberty and fall apart. Katrina, I need to see a bit more of her before I can decide, I think I've only seen her skate once before, and I thought she was good but she didn't excite me. I'm interested to see how she does this season. Sasha would need a whole lot of mistakes from the rest of these ladies, because I don't think she is in any kind of condition to challenge for a spot on the team if everyone skates clean. She just doesn't have the 3-3 combos,and even her solo jumps were really wonky throughout most of SOI, and she was only doing toe loops and salchows. Also, she doesn't have that huge advantage on spirals and spins anymore, lots of the other girls are just as capable of getting levels three and four with high GOE on those elements, and they can match her on PCS marks, too.

McWicked

On the Ice
My pick were:

Mirai: She's got it all!!! And I think we need to give her an olympic experience. She's gonna be awesome once her growth spurt is over.

Rachel: She's the most reliable & hands down I knew she'd be great since 1st time I saw her.

Kimmie: Once she's fixed her problems, she'll be roarin back.

Eurofan

On the Ice
I would love to see Sasha come back and skate as beautifully as she did in her SOI Moonlight Sonata program. But I don't think that Sasha will return to competitive skating. So, my picks are:

Nagasu
Flatt
The If Girl

If Meissner and Zhang and Czisny fix their jump problems/confidence issues. If Wagner improves her presentation. If Hacker successfully adds to her arsenal of triples. If Liang can put two clean programs together. If Susie Salchow appears out of nowhere and upsets the apple cart.

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
:sheesh: seriously? Michelle's time has passed... there's just no way she'll be ready in a year.

flying camel

Medalist
Aren't the skaters who make the world team the year before the Olympics on the Olympic team the next year? So, Alissa & Rachael will probably be there.

Aren't the skaters who make the world team the year before the Olympics on the Olympic team the next year? So, Alissa & Rachael will probably be there.

Not necessarily. They wait until after 2010 U.S. Nationals to decide, and the placement at Nationals is the most important consideration.

flying camel

Medalist
Not necessarily. They wait until after 2010 U.S. Nationals to decide, and the placement at Nationals is the most important consideration.

Yes, I know that, but I mean if you think about the skaters who were on the team the year before the Olympics, they seem to end up on the Olympic team.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Based on the current situation, I'll say Flatt and Zhang. A lot can change, though.

Eurofan

On the Ice
Wagner could pull it together next year. That girl sounds just as smart and driven as Flatt. I think she's just been going through some artistic growing pains this past year. And I certainly won't rule out Nagasu.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Ashley just wanted it too bad this season, especially at nationals...