View Poll Results: Which 3 (hopefully) US Ladies will go to Vancouver in 2010?

Voters
148. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mirai Nagasu

77 52.03%
  • Rachael Flatt

83 56.08%
  • Ashley Wagner

36 24.32%
  • Caroline Zhang

89 60.14%
  • Katrina Hacker

3 2.03%
  • BeBe Liang

3 2.03%
  • Kimmie Meissner

24 16.22%
  • Alyssa Czisny

34 22.97%
  • Sasha Cohen (If she returns)

33 22.30%
  • Other- Please post your thoughts in the thread

11 7.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2010 US Ladies Olympic Team

Down With It
    I think the more interesting question is whether the USFS will send the Top Two or whether they will introduce a more rigorous process (i.e. factoring in GP results) to select the Olympic Team.

On the Ice
    I am going for Flatt and Kwan. Realistic or not that is who I would put on the team if everyone was on par.

Eien.
    Mirai & Caroline please.

Down With It
    Perhaps this topic should be revisited next January...it's much too early to tell right now, and a LOT can happen in the meantime (including injuries to the top contenders, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by McWicked View Post
    My pick were:

Mirai: She's got it all!!! And I think we need to give her an olympic experience. She's gonna be awesome once her growth spurt is over.

Rachel: She's the most reliable & hands down I knew she'd be great since 1st time I saw her.

Kimmie: Once she's fixed her problems, she'll be roarin back.
    I do not think it possible to say the words any better

Although I might have said something other than "Roarin" but it works perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by pray4akwancomeback View Post
    Hasn't anyone thought about Michelle Kwan.
    Yes . ? ... but it had nothing to do with the "...2010 Olympic..." in the same title
    Fumie will be the oldest competitive in ladies am i.m.o
    Last edited by SeaniBu; 04-03-2009 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog View Post
    Perhaps this topic should be revisited next January...it's much too early to tell right now, and a LOT can happen in the meantime (including injuries to the top contenders, etc.)
    Always the realest So true though at this point guesses are just fun

Rinkside
    Nagasu and Flatt. Nagasu made the right coaching move, Zhang the wrong one, and it will allow Nagasu to pass Zhang back in the rankings and cause Zhang to miss year of making it to Worlds and/or Olympics. Czisny is toast, she might as well turn pro immediately and cash in on her fluke U.S title since the only Olympic rings she will see are on televsion. Wagner could make the team if she puts it all together but what are the odds of that. Cohen might abandon her comeback altogether after a terrible showing vs the devastatingly strong Eric Bompard field. If she makes it to Nationals I give her a 40% shot of making it, my gut tells me she will miss though. Meissner I would like to see comeback strong but I doubt it.

So my picks are Nagasu and Flatt. Give Cohen a decent shot to make it, Wagner a decent shot, and Zhang a decent shot. Still my choices are those two. Meissner, Czisny, and little Hughes (god when is she going to retire already), and Kwan (in the miracle she returns) have NO shot.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by JClairUSF View Post
    Who do you think will make the 2010 US Ladies Olympic Team?

Let's assume (hopefull thinking...) that there will be 3 spots- Vote for 3 people you think will pull it all together and make it to Vancouver.

And don't forget the underdogs... Sometimes they surprise ya!

Glad it works as expected for you

keyword

Figure Skating Is A Dangerous Sport Dee4707's Avatar
    I voted for Sasha, Caroline and Rachel.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee4707 View Post
    I voted for Sasha, Caroline and Rachel.
    Well, I wish you could be right, but we only get 2 ladies' spots. I'm pretty sure it will be 2 of those 3, but it's hard to tell which. TEB will tell us a great deal.

I am in the extreme minority here, but I still feel it's possible our ladies' Olympic team will be decided by Christmas.

Down With It
    On the contrary, I don't think TEB will tell us anything.

Nationals, on the other hand, will tell (almost) all. I only hope it's not decided in the SP, though.

"Hold an edge and look sexy!" museksk8r's Avatar
    I think the Grand Prix Series will tell us something. Weren't Rachael and Alissa the highest finishers for the US ladies during the GP last season? Caroline coincidentally was the 3rd highest finisher if my memory is correct. Their finishes at Nationals were similar.
    Last edited by museksk8r; 08-11-2009 at 03:53 PM.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    I think the Grand Prix Series will tell us something. Weren't Rachael and Alissa the highest finishers for the US ladies during the GP last season? Caroline coincidentally was the 3rd highest finisher if my memory is correct. Their finishes at Nationals were similar.
    I think that was the exception rather than the rule

back in '03 Cohen would rip up the GP circuit but falter at Nationals (and worlds too)

Kimmie struggled in the '05 GP but broke out at nationals and became an Olympian. Then we all know what happened. Not to mention Czisny first made herself known during this period, and was even considered by some to be an Olympic contender, but she bombed Nationals.

Wagner broke out in the '07 GP but was overshadowed at Nationals by Nagasu and Flatt

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by museksk8r View Post
    Rachael finished 2nd and 4th, Alissa finished 4th and 3rd, Caroline finished 5th and 3rd in last year's Grand Prix. I would certainly have understood giving Rachael's score a helpful little boost at Nationals.

Custom Title
    Mirai and Caroline

If Mirai gets her 3Lz+3T back on track, YAY! 70.00+ in SP!
    And Caroline is capable of doing amazing in both SP and FS!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast