Favourite Brian Joubert LP | Golden Skate

Favourite Brian Joubert LP

Favourite Brian Joubert LP

• Total voters

calica

Final Flight
I was doubting between"matrix" and "Appocalyptica" but I choose matrix.
It is true that Appocalyptica in the Russian Cup was impressive:love: but Matrix, I believe , that it is his talisman program , with his first European tittle and the wonderful work that he did in the worldchamps. of Goteborg.:bow:

Buttercup

Record Breaker
I'm going to go with The Matrix, too. 2004 was the year Joubert became a serious contender at the world level and of course it was his first European championship (making him, I believe, the last person to actually defeat Plushy in competition).

I think it was a good concept and he seemed to enjoy skating it. In addition, I have the feeling that performing it as his 2006 Worlds LP went a long way towards restoring his confidence after finishing 6th at the Olympics. If only he'd dumped his Lord of the Dance LP earlier that season... :frown:

Medusa

Record Breaker
Matrix. It's just him. I totally admire him for trying other stuff and he is great doing other stuff - but Matrix was just, well, perfect for him. It was everything, the costume, the movie itself, the music.

It was also a very honest program, it was like: This is a young man in his late teens / early twenties, he loves cool music (and you have to admit the music is cool), exciting action movies and black leather outfits (was that leather?), he is a fantastic jumper and powerful skater - let's just send him out there and let him have some fun.

It's the kind of approach I would really like to see with other young skaters, e.g. Brandon Mroz.

NatachaHatawa

Final Flight
Matrix. It's just him. I totally admire him for trying other stuff and he is great doing other stuff - but Matrix was just, well, perfect for him. It was everything, the costume, the movie itself, the music.

It was also a very honest program, it was like: This is a young man in his late teens / early twenties, he loves cool music (and you have to admit the music is cool), exciting action movies and black leather outfits (was that leather?), he is a fantastic jumper and powerful skater - let's just send him out there and let him have some fun.

It's the kind of approach I would really like to see with other young skaters, e.g. Brandon Mroz.

It was plastic I think.

I totally agree. This was the problem with Brian's following 2 LPs. 1492 was gotgeouse, but bored Brian to death, and LOTD was just really badly done. 1492 was a perfect example of what not to do with skaters. Yes, it suited him really well, yes he knows how to interprete it, but because the program bored him, when he was stressed out, there was no way for him, when hearing the music, to just forget everything else and skate his program.
Brian said that Matrix "me prend par les tripes" - grabs him by his guts literally. As soon as he hears the music, he's able to concentrate on it.

I have a weak spot for the untouchables. Before seeing Brian skate this program at the 03 Europeans, I enjoyed figure skating, but wasn't crzay about it like I am now. However, when I saw Brian skate that program, he gave off something really strong, captured the audience. I remeber watching the cometition (or the part that's shown on French public television) and really wanting Brian to win. I was really upset when Plush won because his program was dull. The fact that Brian was French probably had something to do with my enthousiasm. Saying that, there was another French skater cometing, Stannick Jeannette, whose artistry was seen as superior. However I wasn't so enthousiastic about him. Brian was such a powerfull skater.

Audrey19

On the Ice
I voted Matrix, too. That program was key for him-and it made me a fan :p I still think he should have won worlds over Plush that year :cool: I would love brian to come up with a Matrix-like program next season!