Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Emily Hughes update

Emily Hughes update

Here is a link to Emily's official website. She fills us in on what she's been doing and also reveals her music for the coming season.

http://emilyhughes.com/pages/articles_news/1/102

Maureen

Shoe Diva
    Yay! Thanks Maureen for the update on Emily - she's my son's favorite skater & he's refused to watch skating until she returns to the ice, so this is great news!

I'm also glad to hear that she's healthy, on the ice & gearing up for next season because say what you will about TaDa - you can't say she's boring & that's a good thing!

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Since I was unable to skate for the second part of the year, I decided to take an extra course. So, instead of four courses, I took five. I thought this would be the perfect plan for lightening my school
    Great plan, Emily!

I'm so glad that she has confirmed that she is doing TEB.

The Zamboni Rocks!!! sillylionlove's Avatar
    East of the Pacific, West of the Atlantic, South of Canada and North of Mexico
    I am so glad to hear that she is skating and competing this season.

Thanks for the link to her site. I didn't even know that she had one!!!

Rinkside
    yay! I'm also very excited to see her back on the scene! As much as I really like Kimmie, I was routing 100% for Emily at the 2007 Nats. SOOOOO close, too ...

Anyways, Welcome Back Emily!!

Landing my axel..............again skatergirl45's Avatar
    YAY EMily!!!!

I miss her. Her LP from 07 Nats was one of my favorite programs EVER. SHe'll do GREAT with her new music.

WOOT WOOT

Custom Title
    Nice message from a very special young lady. Will be great to have her back in the ranks!! Wonder which "cut" from Gone With the Wind convinced her?

I am glad Emily is injury free and training for the season. There was so much speculation on the boards about her sitting the coming season out and concentrating on school. I wonder if she will lighten her course load in the future so she can train and prepare for Worlds and try to make the team for Vancouver. Can't wait to see her LP.

On the Ice
    I really hope the best for her this season. I (personally) would have liked to watch her earlier in the season, so that it allows the skater to know what to work on.

I wonder how her conditioning is and if she sort of worked on her jumps. Like maybe spinning faster in the air (because she gets a lot of height, but can't rotate enough to cleanly land them..). And even though I absolutely enjoy her fight out there in every competition and I like her personality, she skates very heavy on the ice.

I was watching her during the 2005 Easterns (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DGvllNojrw) and her straight line step sequence is the best I've seen from her!

I'm really not quite sure how she'll do this season, but I enjoy her skating so much and her personality that I don't really care how she does. However, it would be really great if she has worked hard on possibly, possibly working on her jumping techniques and thinking about difficult jump combinations or sequences.

Down With It
    Glad she's heading back to the rink. I don't think she will make the world team with the competition being what it is (plus only having 2 slots) but she should definitely try.

Custom Title

Gone with the Wind

Here's hoping she fares better with this music than Victoria Volchova did...
    Linny

Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Here's hoping she fares better with this music than Victoria Volchova did...
    Linny
    The music has several swells to grab the audience. It should be easy for a skater to plan a program to it. I just hope she doesn't try to be Scarlett, or I will go hungry again.

Awaiting Boris and Oleg
    Quote Originally Posted by Joesitz View Post
    I just hope she doesn't try to be Scarlett, or I will go hungry again.
    Guess you aren't willing to "lie, cheat, steal, or kill"

Custom Title
    Emily is currently competing at the Collegiate Championships.

http://web.icenetwork.com/events/detail.jsp?id=48209

Emily is in Group B.

Alissa Czisny, the reigning champ, is in Group A.
    Last edited by chuckm; 08-07-2008 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Emily is currently competing at the Collegiate Championships.

http://web.icenetwork.com/events/detail.jsp?id=48209

Emily is in Group B.

Alissa Czisny, the reigning champ, is in Group A.
    Emily has to beat 97.4 points to win over Alyssa. or do they skate a Final for the two groups?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast