Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pixie's Skate Rant Thread

Medalist
    Maybe peach can advise here, but aren't Harlicks' the stiffest skates mostly for the very advanced? Two singles aren't going to require that sort of stiffness. I have all of my singles and am working on the axel and I see no need for custom boots. That's really for the more elite level. Different boot brands have different feels, I've always used Riedell and didn't have issues but am thinking about SPTeri's, anyone have an opinion on those?

BTW this is Lanternlight, I picked a new name for the new GS.

Skating Soprano
    there are diffrent options....everywhere from really soft to qudra-bond....

Custom Title
    My suggestion for you if you absolutely have your heart set on Harlicks and you want a stiff boot is to try their stock boots. Save yourself $100+ off the top and go with the Comp. Plus. If you really want a stiffer boot, then order the High Tester, but seriously IMO customs are going to be too much boot for you at your current level.

You're obviously going to do what you want, opinions and advice be darned, but I really think you'll be wasting your money at this point to go with custom boots. Save that $ for when/if you do need them.

And I think the best advice is before you order anything to check with your coach who will be able to advise you what boot will be best. It may not be Harlick at all. There are many boot manufacturers out there and they're all a little different. We've never seen you skate, never looked at your feet, have no clue how tall you are, what you weigh. All those things affect what kind of boot will be best. Talk to your coach before ordering.

In love with the axel!
    [i]........And I think the best advice is before you order anything to check with your coach who will be able to advise you what boot will be best. It may not be Harlick at all. There are many boot manufacturers out there and they're all a little different. We've never seen you skate, never looked at your feet, have no clue how tall you are, what you weigh. All those things affect what kind of boot will be best. Talk to your coach before ordering. [/B]
    This is really good advice.

Skating Soprano
    I have. My group coach was all "Well, Ive only had Harlick. They're good boots." My private coach was all "these are still godd." And I said "But they dont fit." and she said "Oh. Well, Harlick are good" She uses SP Teri, but I simply know of too many stupid errors (such as measuring my friend a size too small and then telling her that it would be a month to fix it) for me to ever even consider giving them a cent. Also, my feet are impossible to fit with stock (normal ball, narrow heal, kind weird, indiscribable toes) boots, one of the reasons that I want customs. Also, you can get custom as soft or as hard as you want, so i fail to see how they are "too much boot", esp when I know people who arent too much more advanced than me who us them.

Also, the darned riedells have no stripped again. The bar stitch that holds the tounge is rubbing my skin off on my toe as well.

In love with the axel!
    skatepixie - I pm'd you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2