I refuse to believe it's August | Golden Skate

I refuse to believe it's August

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Where the heck did the summer go????? :eek:

Granted Alaskan summers are short to begin with, but really. I feel like we blinked and we went from May to August. I have a month left of work and I'm done. School starts up in three weeks (august 25!) with the way time is going it'll be Christmas next week! :laugh:

On one hand I'm glad it's going fast - I have my trip in January that I can barely stand the wait for - but on the other hand I really don't want to be back into winter so soon! And I hate having to leave WildRide. I love love LOVE my job, even with all the bumps we've had this year.

I guess the only way to know that summer really did go by is with the photos I took! LOL

ManyCairns

Medalist
Country
United-States
Is WildRide the sled dog show? What bumps have you had this year? I would love to have a job with working dogs like that, so I can sure understand your reluctance to get back into the school year routine.

Time only passes faster the older you get, I've found. I remember things from 4-5-6 years ago, and it seems only yesterday. Truly, this phenomenon just gets worse and worse!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I get "teacher" anxiety (will my new students be basically good kids who have some work ethic?) once we get to August. I still have a few weeks off, since school in Philly doesn't begin again until right after Labor Day. So, I want to make the best of the time I have left before then.

dutchherder

Final Flight
iluvtodd,

I feel you about teacher anxiety. Mine is supersized this year because we're moving into a new building and consolidating with the high school across town! :unsure:

sillylionlove

Medalist
I can't believe that in a few months it will be the holiday season again!!

But August is awesome because I take my vacation. 9 more days of work until I am off for 7 days!! (working days that is). And I am leaving the state of New Jersey to head to my neighbor to the north..New York!!

I am actually looking forward to December since I am taking another vacation after Christmas to Williamsburg VA!!!!

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
August? Here on the West Coast it felt more like November last week. We went from really hot to really wet and cold. We had the wettest June on record and almost the shortest summer on record. Thank goodness the sun god has decided to shine on us for at least another week. I won't hold my breath though, our wet dreary weather I am sure is just around the corner....

"Raindrops are fallin on my head...."

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Is WildRide the sled dog show? What bumps have you had this year?

Yes WildRide is the sled dog show :) don't get me wrong I love it, but being the sound tech has been quite the challenge this year (I killed a speaker :no: ) and this month is going to kill me, I am willingly not taking a day off (doing a lot of half days towards the end of the season so it all really works out to be about the same hours wise) so BLAH! lol that and tourism is down 13% this year, thanks to any number of reasons..

the show itself is FANTASTIC this year (photos! here, here, and here!)