Question about pain in the ankles | Golden Skate

Question about pain in the ankles

luenatic

On the Ice
About 3 weeks ago, I noticed both my inside ankles were hurting when my boots put pressure on them. My coach said it's possible that I'm bending my knees much more than before and the boots now rub the ankles.

Anyhow, I took a week off skating last week and see how if it'd help (Besides, I was busy entertaining out of town guests). I went back skating on Saturday and the first 30 minutes was fine. Then the pain came back. I tried again Sunday, the pain was even worse.

I'd been icing both my ankles last night and will do so today as well. Do you have this problem before? I have MITF class and private lesson tomorrow. I hope the pain will just go away! :cry:

I hope resting will solve the problem. I can always take a break (a month maybe?) even though I'll have to re-learn all my back 3s. :cry:

Dr. Beth, where art thou?

Last edited:

Lanie

On the Ice
Maybe go talk to a doctor about it? Or get ankle pads--you know, those Bunga Pad things?

Norlite

On the Ice
Pads are an option, but why don't you just take them to the skate tech and have them punched out?
It is a very common thing to have done to your skates.

Yazmeen

On the Ice
I agree with Norlite--there's a good chance a punching will take care of the problem. Talk to your pro.

luenatic

On the Ice
I used the Bunga pad and my skates were already punched out. That's why I was like, what else can I do? :cry:

Fortunately, after all the icing and resting. My left ankle feels much better now. I still feel a little on my right ankle. I'll ice them more this afternoon and hoping it'll get better tonight for my lessons. keeping my fingers crossed. :)

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Lune: If this continues to bother you, I'd see your doctor and have the ankles checked with an x-ray or perhaps a bone scan, just to make sure you are not experiencing stress fractures, shin splints or other problems. It may be nothing, but its probably worth checking out.