2003 MOST IMPROVED LADIES SKATER | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2003 MOST IMPROVED LADIES SKATER

E

Engel85

Re: 2003 MOST IMPROVED LADIES SKATER

Elena S, but I have to agree, Carolina was impressive this year too.

mzheng

Record Breaker
Re: most improved ...

<blockquote><strong><em>Quote:</em></strong><hr>As many people in many areas of elite ability have noted--music, dance, sports, acting, science, whatever--getting to the 90th or 95th percentile is a lot of work, but getting that last 5 or 10 percent is what separates the merely great from the legendary. Very, very tough to already be that good and still improve. [/quote]

rgirl, you are so right on this. As a student I had been striven for this last 5 to 10 percent and my husband said to me 'you don't know how to spend you time worth'. Lol.

NanSinger2

On the Ice
2003 Most Improved Ladies Skater

Wow, there are so many good choices here for voting.

I really had to think about it. Michelle brought something extra this year, and it felt a little like a rebirth for her. I have a feeling that she really improved a lot mentally.

Elena had a really comeback kid season, and I enjoyed watching her at worlds. She get's my vote for technical improvement.

Sasha made a lot of changes last season, but IMHO, last season was a building season for her. I want to like her, and I do enjoy her skating, but sometimes she comes across as wanted to win too much. To me this masks her natural talent. All this aside, she is taking the steps she needs to for improvement. Sasha get's my vote for most improved in training strategy.

APM is the quiet storm to me. Season before last, people talked about her, but I didn't really see it. This past season, I began to notice her more and more. I really enjoyed her whole package. I'd like to see some more fire in her this year, but I would give her the vote for most subtle overall improvement.

I probably cheated a bit by mentioning more than one, but they each made signifant improvements in areas I mentioned.