Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Tara dissed on E!NewsLive

Master Procrastinator

Tara dissed on E!NewsLive

I was just watching this show on the E! Network. It is hosted by Melissa Rivers, another woman I recognize, but can't remember her name, and a man. They were showing the best and worst dressed of the recent weeks. They showed Tara from the Teen Choice Awards and said, "What has happened to Tara Lipinski? She's not skating anymore, so what, she can't find any clothes?" They pointed out that she was showing too much skin, even though she is young and in shape, and said that "there was too much going on with her look", with the ruffley skirt, ornate shoes, loose hair, and especially the purple eye makeup. The three hosts were actually laughing at her. One of the women said that Tara did a triple salchow but fell flat. Yikes! A little later in the show, the male host was complimented on how well his boots complimented his outfit, and Melissa Rivers said, "Unlike Tara Lipinski's".

Since Tara is trying to make it in Hollywood, I don't know if she should care about reviews like this or not, but it can't help!

Yep It's me!
    What is it they say? Any publicity is good publicity?

Tara should be happy Hollywood is, at least, noticing her.

Custom Title
    C'mon. Did you see the outfit? It was hideous!

Is hollywood really beckoning. I can just imagine her replacing Meryl Streep in a movie.... yeah.

Joe

Master Procrastinator
    Joe - I think *she* is beckoning Hollywood! I wouldn't buy any stock in her acting success, but you never know.

Lucy (Who is embarrassed by Tara'a awful acting job on "The Young & the Restless")

Lucy - We are in agreement but I am sure you noticed that Sonia had to use cue cards to act. But that was another time. Movies today are either action packed or a love story that gets twisted.
    Maybe Tara could learn something in acting. I just doubt it.

Joe

Master Procrastinator
    Movies today are either action packed or a love story that gets twisted.
    Not Tara related, but this statement is so true and so sad. I am going to reread the old time movie thread in the cafe' now... (sigh)

Well, she is (Melissa) Joan Rivers daughter you know. I remember this actress that was on a talk show said one time she was wearing a hat because she had been on chemo and had no hair and Joan came up to her and dissed the hat completely.
    I disliked her even more after that. Who does she think she is anyway? She is so hateful. I REALLY dislike her.
    :D :D :D

Originally posted by Fossi
    C'mon. Did you see the outfit? It was hideous!

I agree. I saw that outfit. & they were right about her clothes.

Josezit you are too much. Yeah I an see her doing something with real depth with meaning Cough cough

What I think she is trying to prove is that she is no longer a child., but an adult. But from what I can see from she wearing at certain events. She hasn't learned that the clothes doesn't make you an adult. Yeah, she is young & in shape. & I have nothing against wearing nice sexy clothes. But, the clothes have to look good.

Not, to compare. But, last year at the Teen choice awards. Where the theme was the BEACH. Michelle showed up in a bikini & a wrap with flip flops. Though, she had little clothing on She still looked great & went with the flow of the show. Of course anti fans were having a fit. ( I belive it had more to do that she won the award & not really what she was wearing.)

I have no problem with Tara wearing the short skirt. The thing is that the outfit was ugly. As far as her acitng goes :rolleyes: I have see it. Just a little suggestion here. Go to school for it. Study & really learn the craft. Then get into it. She is not a Natural, she needs to learn how to do it correctly. You can tell that she is unconfortable in the forum.

I won't blast "E", they are correct on this matter.
    Last edited by Panther2000; 08-25-2003 at 10:19 PM.

Down With It
    I totally agree. E is right on this one. She seems to find the worst possible outfit at times...I'm far from a fashion person and I don't even like what she is wearing (at most times).

Keeper of Michelle's Nose berthes ghost's Avatar
    "I remember this actress that was on a talk show said one time she was wearing a hat because she had been on chemo and had no hair and Joan came up to her and dissed the hat completely. "

Is there more to this story? As far as you explained it, Joan dissed the hat because it was ugly, not because it was a hat, or because the woman had cancer. It's her job to diss ugly clothes, and apparently the lady had an ugly hat on, chemo or no chemo.

I always get a real laugh out of celebs bo-hoing over criticism. Give me a break. Do she really think that if she was Sally nobody and wore a hideous hat after chemo to a family party, that there wouldn't be a least one cousin in the back ground snickering about what bad taste she has. Come on. The only difference between her and us is she get to go to red carpet events and then bo-ho her way all over tv talk shows and straight to the bank.

Talk about using your illness to get false sympathy. What a jerk.

How long till the new season?
    Writing thank-you notes to GS for their kind hospitality......
    Thanks to my child, I endured watching the Teen Choice Awards. When I saw Tara, I wondered if she had pilfered her wardrobe from 7th Heaven to come up with that atrocity.

Also, IIRC, her dress wasn't too dissimilar to the childwhore dress Brittany Spears wore to the same Awards show.

Tara's an attractive young lady, but heaven knows, she could have put together a classier looking outfit.

BTW, does anyone have a link to a pic of Tara in that dress? I've found one for Brittany, but am having difficulty finding a photo of Tara from the Awards.

Custom Title
    Is this the outfit the E! Network people were referring to:

http://www.tararulz.com/gallery/awar...als/index.html

Even though I thought that outfit was a little too casual for an awards show like that, I didn't think it was that bad compared to what a lot of the other people there were wearing!

Thanks, AsTimeGoesBy.

What's the big deal? I think Tara looks very pretty in these pictures.

Mathman

Custom Title
    The problem with Tara dressing like Brittney Spears is that Tara isn't a rock, teen idol. Where Brittney can pull it off, Tara just looks ridiculous. Not that I, at all, approve of Brittney who I think is a horrible role model for any teenager.

Sadly, Tara's immaturity shows in that photo. I agree with those who feel Tara has no acting ability. However, it hasn't stopped many other no-talents in Hollywood who have snapped up both good roles and lots of money. You never know!

I find the outfit which Tara is wearing to be undignified. Just my opinion.

Tara.....stick to skating. Even without the jumps you are waaay better at that.

Dizzy

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast