Tara dissed on E!NewsLive | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Tara dissed on E!NewsLive

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Fossi said:
C'mon. Did you see the outfit? It was hideous!

There have been few of her red carpet outfits that I liked... and she really needs to back off on the eye shadow...

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
SkateCynic said:
I think what it comes down to, for me at least, is that her outfit at the Teen Awards wasn't age appropriate. That getup would be more fitting for someone aged 15-17. Tara is what? 20? 21? I would expect something a little sleeker and a bit more mature - take for example, Sarah Hughe's dress at the How to Deal premiere - sharp, classy, flattering, and sexy. Tara's outfit had 'wannabe pop star' written all over it.

Also, call me an old fogey at the tender age of 36, but I'm 'over' being assaulted with views of midriffs every time I turn around. Put these crop tops on with the fanny crack cleavage jeans, and I'm sorry, there's way more skin on young adults today than I prefer to see. Thanks, Brittany and Christina, for teaching young girls to want to dress like tramps.

Okay, I'll get off the soapbox now.

Please, stay on the soapbox. The more times this is said, the more opportunities for young women to hear it. I am an old fogey and there is nothing tender about my age, but that really doesn't have anything to do with it, tacky is tacky no matter what your age and just because a young woman has a nice flat stomach doesn't mean she has to display it at every given opportunity.

One more thing, someone needs to teach young women not to stand (especially in short skirts and high heels) with their feet 18 inches apart.

Nan

Last edited:

Yazmeen

On the Ice
Sometimes I think Tara just tries too hard to shake off her youthful image and ends up looking trashy. I'd like to see her with less belly button and less BLONDE!!! The funny thing is, she ends up looking even more immature with these tacky outfits. She ain't built like Britney or J Lo, and these costumes only make that more painfully obvious. She would look so good in some more tailored clothing and her bid to look more mature would be more successful.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
NansXOXOX said:
Please, stay on the soapbox. The more times this is said, the more opportunities for young women to hear it. I am an old fogey and there is nothing tender about my age, but that really doesn't have anything to do with it, tacky is tacky no matter what your age and just because a young woman has a nice flat stomach doesn't mean she has to display it at evey given opportunity.

One more thing, someone needs to teach young women not to stand (especially in short skirts and high heels) with their feet 18 inches apart.

Nan

I'm 18 and I'd like to join the soapbox crew as well...

lavender

Record Breaker
Tara’s such a pretty girl but she’s never really had good taste in clothing consistently. Ever since Tara came on the scene she’s been wanting to be noticed and that’s the feeling I get every time I see her. Poor girl. When she gets notice it doesn’t seem to turn out to be a positive for her but she keeps on trying.

maxell1313

Rinkside
Add me to the soapbox brigade.

And while we're at it, would someone please hand Tara a cheeseburger with everything and a large fries? She is WAY too thin. I realize the rumor is she stays so thin to deal with the pain in her hips, but STILL. One good gust of wind and she'd take off.

nymkfan51

Medalist
Tara

Yazmeen, I totally agree. Every time I see a picture of Tara she looks like she trying desperately to look older ... and in my mind, does not succeed. Just looks sort of trashy like you said.

RealtorGal

Record Breaker
I think she needs to start thinking of career options. With that hip, her skating career is probably near its end. Her acting does NOT leave you wanting more. She probably does not have the academic bent of Sarah Hughes. That must be a tough place to be in right now.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I actually liked her GIAB costume... it worked really well with the choreography

Jef Billings never makes costuming mistakes ;)

toutestgrace

Rinkside
SkateCynic - my sentiments exactly about the age-appropriateness. Tara, you've been trying too hard to look older than your age, and now you've completely missed the mark! The top and skirt (actually it looks more like the ruffly underwear toddlers wear) are bad enuf, but together with the shoes it ventures into the obscene. And I've always liked Tara....

Oreo

On the Ice
How old is Tara now--20? To me, she seems like she's trying to look like a fourteen year old who is trying to look like a twenty year old.

Panther2000

On the Ice
Oreo said:
How old is Tara now--20? To me, she seems like she's trying to look like a fourteen year old who is trying to look like a twenty year old.

OREO: That was a good one. I should have thought of that one. :laugh:

Aw, she looks OK. (Tara is 21, BTW.) She is always going to look youthful because she is so tiny, like Kristi and Sasha. To me she doesn't look sleazy. It's kind of a beach party or backyard barbeque look.

Mathman

SkateCynic

Rinkside
Yeah, but I haven't decided if that skirt she had on like more like a Japanese Lantern or a Pinata. If it's the latter, could someone please pass me the stick and the blindfold?

NansXOXOX

Final Flight
SkateCynic said:
Yeah, but I haven't decided if that skirt she had on like more like a Japanese Lantern or a Pinata. If it's the latter, could someone please pass me the stick and the blindfold?

:laugh:

Nan

guinevere

Final Flight
SkateCynic said:
:D :D :D

I just got back from a trip, and I'd bought the latest issue of US magazine to read on the plane - Tara's Teen choice outfit got dissed in their "When Bad Clothes Happen to Good People" section. I wished I'd saved the mag, 'cause it was pretty funny.

Add me to the soapbox....and Oreo, you are exactly right!!

guinevere

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
Lucy25:

Do many of the Hollywood set have good taste when it comes to clothes? I think not.

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Lad, good point. There aren't many celebraties out there in "Tinsel Town" whose clothes I'd want to wear........:\ 42