Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Tara dissed on E!NewsLive

How long till the new season?
    Writing thank-you notes to GS for their kind hospitality......
    I think what it comes down to, for me at least, is that her outfit at the Teen Awards wasn't age appropriate. That getup would be more fitting for someone aged 15-17. Tara is what? 20? 21? I would expect something a little sleeker and a bit more mature - take for example, Sarah Hughe's dress at the How to Deal premiere - sharp, classy, flattering, and sexy. Tara's outfit had 'wannabe pop star' written all over it.

Also, call me an old fogey at the tender age of 36, but I'm 'over' being assaulted with views of midriffs every time I turn around. Put these crop tops on with the fanny crack cleavage jeans, and I'm sorry, there's way more skin on young adults today than I prefer to see. Thanks, Brittany and Christina, for teaching young girls to want to dress like tramps.

Okay, I'll get off the soapbox now.

Now this is how they should've dressed her for that role on 7th Heaven! Perhaps she would've been a little more believable as a [color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color][color=red]*[/color].

Actually, the skirt and blouse are fine, it's the high heels that make her look like a common streetwalker. In this picture, she appears to have changed that skirt into a shirt.

Well, that is truly an ugly outfit and I agree that the shoes make it look worse.
    Skatcynic, "childwhore", you hit the nail on the head.

Master Procrastinator
    Originally posted by astimegoesby
    Is this the outfit the E! Network people were referring to:

http://www.tararulz.com/gallery/awar...als/index.html
    Yes, this is the outfit. I had forgotten about the bows on the shoulders, they were mentioned as part of the problem.

Thumbs down Yikes!

Poor kid--quite the fashion faux pas. It's on the verge of looking like dyed chicken feathers. Do you think her Mommy helped her pick out that outfit?

Originally posted by Fossi
    C'mon. Did you see the outfit? It was hideous!
    There have been few of her red carpet outfits that I liked... and she really needs to back off on the eye shadow...

Moving Forward
    Originally posted by SkateCynic
    I think what it comes down to, for me at least, is that her outfit at the Teen Awards wasn't age appropriate. That getup would be more fitting for someone aged 15-17. Tara is what? 20? 21? I would expect something a little sleeker and a bit more mature - take for example, Sarah Hughe's dress at the How to Deal premiere - sharp, classy, flattering, and sexy. Tara's outfit had 'wannabe pop star' written all over it.

Also, call me an old fogey at the tender age of 36, but I'm 'over' being assaulted with views of midriffs every time I turn around. Put these crop tops on with the fanny crack cleavage jeans, and I'm sorry, there's way more skin on young adults today than I prefer to see. Thanks, Brittany and Christina, for teaching young girls to want to dress like tramps.

Okay, I'll get off the soapbox now.
    Please, stay on the soapbox. The more times this is said, the more opportunities for young women to hear it. I am an old fogey and there is nothing tender about my age, but that really doesn't have anything to do with it, tacky is tacky no matter what your age and just because a young woman has a nice flat stomach doesn't mean she has to display it at every given opportunity.

One more thing, someone needs to teach young women not to stand (especially in short skirts and high heels) with their feet 18 inches apart.

Nan
    Last edited by NansXOXOX; 08-26-2003 at 12:36 PM.

Salchows and Shimmies!!!
    Sometimes I think Tara just tries too hard to shake off her youthful image and ends up looking trashy. I'd like to see her with less belly button and less BLONDE!!! The funny thing is, she ends up looking even more immature with these tacky outfits. She ain't built like Britney or J Lo, and these costumes only make that more painfully obvious. She would look so good in some more tailored clothing and her bid to look more mature would be more successful.

Originally posted by NansXOXOX
    Please, stay on the soapbox. The more times this is said, the more opportunities for young women to hear it. I am an old fogey and there is nothing tender about my age, but that really doesn't have anything to do with it, tacky is tacky no matter what your age and just because a young woman has a nice flat stomach doesn't mean she has to display it at evey given opportunity.

One more thing, someone needs to teach young women not to stand (especially in short skirts and high heels) with their feet 18 inches apart.

Nan
    I'm 18 and I'd like to join the soapbox crew as well...

Custom Title
    Tara’s such a pretty girl but she’s never really had good taste in clothing consistently. Ever since Tara came on the scene she’s been wanting to be noticed and that’s the feeling I get every time I see her. Poor girl. When she gets notice it doesn’t seem to turn out to be a positive for her but she keeps on trying.

It reminds me of her Genie in a Bottle costume.

http://www.scratchspin.com/1999/worl...lipinski1.html

Mathman

Defender of over-the-hill decrepit skaters
    Add me to the soapbox brigade.

And while we're at it, would someone please hand Tara a cheeseburger with everything and a large fries? She is WAY too thin. I realize the rumor is she stays so thin to deal with the pain in her hips, but STILL. One good gust of wind and she'd take off.

Lovin' the Kween ... Now and Forever

Tara

Yazmeen, I totally agree. Every time I see a picture of Tara she looks like she trying desperately to look older ... and in my mind, does not succeed. Just looks sort of trashy like you said.

Question

I think she needs to start thinking of career options. With that hip, her skating career is probably near its end. Her acting does NOT leave you wanting more. She probably does not have the academic bent of Sarah Hughes. That must be a tough place to be in right now.

I actually liked her GIAB costume... it worked really well with the choreography

Jef Billings never makes costuming mistakes

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast